Covid Deaths

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I just heard Texas reported no deaths yesterday. The first time in over a year. Everyday gets a little more hopeful for a more normal way of life. Here in Michigan some stores have lifted the mask requirement for fully vaccinated people.

monophoto

Definitely good news, but as a very cautious old retired engineer (who spent his career worrying about how things can go wrong), I think I will continue to wear my mask indoors in public buildings for a bit longer.

Someone recently pointed out that in Asian culture, it has long been considered only polite for individuals with colds or other minor ailments to wear a mask in public. I know that I've seen people wearing masks in public in Japan, Korea and China, although I couldn't tell whether that was because they weren't feeling well, or just because the smog was so bad (especially in China). But the basic idea is a good one - perhaps that's a best practice we should adopt now that we all have masks.

Kenny Durrant

I'm in far East Dallas Co and things are starting to ease up here. Most restaurants are still wanting you to wear a mask until your seated but most of the gas station/convenience stores don't care either way. I try to wear mine just so I don't have to worry or remember where I have to wear it or not.

Top Bottom