Jeer Cousineau Woods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aces-High

Some good looking sales there, but make sure you look at their shipping rates. I had 4 largish(3 x 12) spindles in my basket, subtotal $48, shipping $21? Am I alone in thinking that this is too much? They use UPS. That may be the problem.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
UPS is more expensive than USPS for the most part. I just had a computer sent to me via UPS and the shipping bill was over $36.00. This wasn't a new computer or anything, it's just going to be dedicated to my engraver.
Have you ever purchased anything from Amsterdam Printing? Same way, really high shipping rates unless you catch them on a special for shipping. There are vendors here on IAP that have different shipping rates based on your order. PSI has great shipping rates for the sizes of orders I place with them. I think the most I've ever paid for a PSI shipment was just over $8.00 (normal rate, not expedited) and the order total was over $400.00 and all the items were on sale to start with.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
UPS just raised their rates, significantly a couple months ago. $40-60 for a package is not unusual. If they are going across country, it can get much worse. Why don't you figure the weight of the items you ordered and go on UPS's website. You can then calculate just what it would cost to ship.

You may find it is quite an "eye-opener". Remember, it is traveling about 2000 miles. What would you think it should cost??

FWIW,
Ed

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Depending on the species of wood you were ordering, that could be a 20 pound box, I would think.

Price that on USPS (won't fit in the medium flat rate, let's assume). Again, you may be pretty happy with $21 when you see the results.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Depending on the species of wood you were ordering, that could be a 20 pound box, I would think.

Price that on USPS (won't fit in the medium flat rate, let's assume). Again, you may be pretty happy with $21 when you see the results.

Four 3x12 spindles will fit in the 12x3.5x14.125 MFR boxes, but I suspect that many people aren't even aware of that size box.

SteveG

Four 3x12 spindles will fit in the 12x3.5x14.125 MFR boxes, but I suspect that many people aren't even aware of that size box.
There is that box and a similar Large FRB commonly referred to as "Board Game" boxes. These can be useful and cost effective when shipping longer items in a quantity and weight that becomes very expensive by other methods.

Top Bottom