Courtesy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

This has been brought up here before by a few members and I believe it maybe time to refresh the thought. It should be forum etiquette anyway. But here goes. When a person asks a question of any kind it is the right thing to acknowledge the replys weather a general acknowledgement or just a like hit under each persons response. There are times when people responding take quite abit of time researching their answers or just typing a long response because they want to include as much help as they can. Seen it here many times. But I seen newbies come here and ask a question and they are gone but also seen longer timed members do the same. Now I know we all are very busy in our lives and sometimes we may forget but if you took the time to find out an answer why not reciprocate with a short acknowledgement. It goes a long way. I know I try to do this and also when I show off a pen or other works I try to make a general statement thanking people for their take on it. just takes a few seconds. Everyone here loves to be helpful so you will get responses. There are times a subject may come up that does not hit many, if anyone and it may look like no one cared but it just no one could supply a good answer so do not get upset. Doing this helps us see that the answers were read and did not fall on deaf ears. I know maybe the answers will help others too that at some time maybe thinking the same query. Just a friendly reminder. Take care. Stay safe. Now that the Holiday season is upon us lets really follow those thoughts and enjoy the Holidays.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

I couldn't agree more John, Unfortunately I am sometimes one of the guilty parties. I appreciate and look for candid answers and guidance. But I do get onto the next task sometimes without coming back to say thanks - thanks for the reminder John.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

magpens

I have to say that I am usually impressed by the expressions of gratitude on this forum.

In general, I find that people are very appreciative of any help given or expressed.

We are truly blessed with a membership that is usually very responsive in every way.

THANK YOU to all !!!

Alan Morrison

UK forum has a choice of 'buttons' to hit under each posting, giving plenty of response options. They are;
Thank you.....Like.....Love it.....Laugh out loud.....Groan.......Bad luck mate......Sad for you.

TonyL

It would be nice and is courteous. As Curly said, our answers/replies are here forever for all to read. I have given away 100s of pens without a "thank you". Many times the only evidence I have that a pen was delivered was is the tracking number. I am giving advice, pens, funds etc. because I want to - that is my thank you. An acknowledgement is always nice.

Top Bottom