See more from Chuck Key

Chuck Key

Work in progress:

PRSTOP1.JPG

PRSTOP2.JPG

PRSTOP3.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Ok, now I need an indexing machine, greeaaaaaaaat!

Very cool man. How do you sand in the crevices? I alway have a problem with that.

jttheclockman

I too would like to know how you polish these??? You showed a brief picture of your setup and I think with using a router bit you would get chatter maks. Did you dye the green one and if so what did you use??? Are you using a preasure pot for these ??? Is it possible to do a tutrial n your method??? It is an interseting aspect and done without a fancy lathe thingy. Curious how you get the consitancy throughout. Thanks for showing and thanks for sharing.

Chuck Key

I'd thing with a cabuchon on the end would be pretty nifty as well

Cabuchons are a great idea but I am not planning to use them. The end of the stopper is prime real estate for router bit designs.

How do you sand in the crevices? I alway have a problem with that.

I sand all and polish all the areas that will not be routed to make sure they will show a good finish. The routed areas are polished with the Beall compounds.

I too would like to know how you polish these??? You showed a brief picture of your setup and I think with using a router bit you would get chatter maks. Did you dye the green one and if so what did you use??? Are you using a preasure pot for these ??? Is it possible to do a tutrial n your method??? It is an interseting aspect and done without a fancy lathe thingy. Curious how you get the consitancy throughout. Thanks for showing and thanks for sharing.

I am getting my setup to where there is very little chatter and hope to improve that more.

I used blue dye for the green one. I was trying to get and Ice Blue and it does show the blue better when looking at it.

Not ready to do a tutorial yet. Still trying to figure things out.

Consistancy comes from the use of the index wheel.

jttheclockman

I understand the use of the indexing wheel giving you the spacing but you are moving the router to some degree so my question is are you doing this on a track of some sort with a stop to give depth??? Sure would like to see the setup because it got my mind curious. I have another project I want to use a router on but do not have an idea how to set up consistant routing system yet. I am looking for ideas. Sure hope you do a tutorial.

Top Bottom