Couple of segmented pens completed today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hendu3270

Hendu3270

Two more completed yesterday.

First is turned from Black Ash Burl and blue/black resin.

Second is another Claro Walnut Burl, white and black corian with mosaic knife inserts throughout.

Not sure I like the white one just yet. The brass used with the long scallops bent when I was trimming that blank and I didn't catch it till I was finishing. I maybe should have redone it?

Attachments

• 2131(1).jpg
    2131(1).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 463
  • 2130(1).jpg
    2130(1).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

Very very nice. I wouldn't change a thing on either one! Be well...........Jan

Hendu3270

Here's couple of pics with the caps on, as requested. I'm going to change the way I did the scallops for the black corian on the cap on the next one, (more like Mikes 90 deg method). I'm also undecided on whether or not I should reverse the lower barrel. Thanks for the kind words guys.

Attachments

• 2131(2).jpg
    2131(2).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 2130(2).jpg
    2130(2).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

DRAT

You don't like the white one?? Really........well maybe you should send it to me, that way you don't have to look at it any more. I love it, and I'm happy to save your eyes from any future damage.

I do love the white one.

Just beautiful!

DRAT

makirk

Brass embellishments

Chris. Those are some awesome pens!

Question, did you make the little circular brass embellishments or did you buy them somewhere? If bought, would you share as I've been looking for these type of embellishments for awhile.

Thanks.

Mike

Hendu3270

Chris. Those are some awesome pens!

Question, did you make the little circular brass embellishments or did you buy them somewhere? If bought, would you share as I've been looking for these type of embellishments for awhile.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike,

I found out about them from IAP member "wiset1". They are sold and used for knife making as handle inserts.

Mosaic Pins

One piece of advice is to drill very slowly when drilling through them. I've had some of the small pins contained within them slip out when they get too hot. I slowed down on this one and it worked much better.

Last edited:

Hendu3270

Oh, and just reversed the main barrel and it does look much better the other way. Bad thing is now I have to drag out the photo tent, lights and camera again and retake photos. :frown:

JeremyLP

You don't like the white one?? Really........well maybe you should send it to me, that way you don't have to look at it any more. I love it, and I'm happy to save your eyes from any future damage.

I do love the white one.

Just beautiful!

DRAT

I'll flip you for the honour er... I mean... the responsibility to be the one to selflessly take then pen off his hands. I would keep it secret... keep it safe... for it would be precious to me.

Chasboy1

Simply beautiful! Designs are amazing.
What type of Corian did you use? Is it turnable with regular carbide tools? Is it possible to use scrap from a kitchen counter?

Kcimdrib

Two more completed yesterday.

First is turned from Black Ash Burl and blue/black resin.

Second is another Claro Walnut Burl, white and black corian with mosaic knife inserts throughout.

Not sure I like the white one just yet. The brass used with the long scallops bent when I was trimming that blank and I didn't catch it till I was finishing. I maybe should have redone it?
Like both very well done.

Top Bottom