Couple of Jr Statesmen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Been waiting for the kits to get here so I could assemble these two... Finish is Enduro... should be good and cured by now, I turned these 2 weeks ago...
They are already sold.....

Stabilized Red Palm Jr Statesman w/Blk Tn
2005913201256_RedPalmJrStatesman.jpg

Gold Afzelia Burl Jr Statesman /22k Trim
2005913201318_GoldAfzeliaJrStatesman.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Tom,
Boy I like that Palm! I need to start looking for a source.
Thanks for sharing the pens.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Griz,

Saw a posting somewhere (don't think it was here) with an afzelia that had been dyed. Have you ever tried that? If so, what did you think of the results? Pictures are not always as good as seeing!!

Any insight??

Someone says, "Inquiring minds want......"(something or other.)[:p][:p]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Have not dyed any of the afzelia I have... I really prefer the color of the gold afzelia that I get...
However I have seen one piece of dyed afzelia xlay that was pretty... not totally my cup of tea, but well done... it was dyed a kind of maroon color...
Other than the occassional curly maple I do or some of the stabilized curly poplar I get from BB, I don't do many colored pens..

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I have ever dyed anything but maple and then with limited success. However, I believe they were calling this "snakeskin" and it looked pretty good. Being a skeptic, couldn't hurt to ask YOU.

lkorn

Tom,
All my Jr Statesmen kits have non-posting finials. Are these modified kits, or just an option?

Other than that, nice work, Can't wait until my Enduro gets here. Loods like really nice stuff.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Larry, these are modified... I used the Jr Gent I bottom screw assembly because the customer wanted the caps to post...
On the Jr Statesman I the bottom is not engraved so it really does not make a big difference replacing it... on the Jr Statesman II both the bottom and top caps are engraved...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom