couple new ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Here's a new one and one that you've already seen, just now it's finished. First the new one...

200732416377_cherrylongneck.jpg

Now the one you've seen. But it has a name now, and it's the first one of a series called "Look to the East"

2007324163817_looktotheeast.jpg

BigRob777

Very nice. Did you manage to keep a standard wall thickness on the top one? I don't see how it's possible. How is it for tipping? The top one has a nice utilitary look to it, like I wouldn't be afraid to pick it up. I'd love to see the pedestal.
Rob

AMAZING! I love them both, I hope that someday I can do hollow forms that good! I can't wait to see you reply to Rob's questions! You are selling these or putting these in a gallery right? Your depriving yourself of a whole lot of money if you are not, you could probably sell one of those for almost 300 dollars, wait, I saw your website, you are selling them. High-five!
Dillon

Woodnknots

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Very nice. Did you manage to keep a standard wall thickness on the top one? I don't see how it's possible. How is it for tipping? The top one has a nice utilitary look to it, like I wouldn't be afraid to pick it up. I'd love to see the pedestal.
Rob
There is a consistent wall thickness of 1/4" throughout. The base is a slight bit thicker, due to the pedestal, but overall it's consistent. It's about 9" tall and very stable. The bottom one is also pretty stable, and yes the globe is hollow with a wall thickness of about 3/16", much lighter in weight than it looks.

I dropped both of them off with some other pieces at an art gallery on Thursday, with prices on them, so hopefully they will sell. Not anywhere near $300 for either, but what I think I can get in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom