dogrunner

Modified slimline is ash burl
The edc is curly koa
IMG_20210222_204847922.jpg
IMG_20210222_204931145.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done Jeff! I admire your (and Ken's, and Dale's, and Jason's, and Steve's etc...) precision. The knot is superb. ;)

I also love the thinner Chevron, but I'll throw out a challenge for us crazy segmenters. Let's get some sidewise/or other sidewise Chevrons settled onto center bands! I'll post a photo below of one that I saved I believe from a Pool Cue Craftsman. I believe this was a 'band' that he/she simply turned a slot and glued it in. Let's see what we can do. (my next 3-6 months may very well be outside of my shop at my In-Laws, so I'll play catch-up).

Game On!
118A3642-DC26-4DD9-BA4B-26CA95AC741B.jpeg

Kcimdrib

Absolutely great Pens perfect laminations and a stunning finish. It makes me realise how far away I am to even getting close to this.
I like the title Couple From Today as if after eating breakfast you just created them before lunch.
I know that's not true a lot of work went into these.. Thanks for showing them.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Absolutely love the knot pen Perfect precision on the cuts and I am a sucker for black and aluminum together.

Have to say you guys are killing me here. We are getting an influx of great work and thoughts and another challenge has been thrown out there and I like this one with a circular chevron pattern. That is something we never seen done by a pen maker here or at least I do not remember any. That would be challenging to get the proper size nailed down. I just do not have the time but have bookmarked this thread and will definitely give it a try. I have to make some standard chevron patterns too. I glued up a blank last night and as I went to bed last night I started thinking about it and I do not think I am going to like it because I did not do a simple cosmetic trick that makes a design look better. If I redo it I will change it but I may just spin it down anyway but not mount on a kit. It will give me a look at the pattern anyway. Want to prep 4 blanks today. That is my goal. 3 are standard pretty wood blanks so that requires just drilling tube holes. The other is slots and dots. And even on that one I changed the design last night because I think it would be too busy. But want to still incorporate something that has not been done here. Who said segmenting is boring???:)

Top Bottom