Counterfeit JT Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

I was discussing segmented pens with a co-worker and JT's Celtic knot pens showed up in a search. He fell in love with them, asked if I could make him a set like them. I contacted John and asked he would mind and he gave me his blessing. Even though we all don't all have patents on our designs, I didn't want to outright copy anyone without their permission. So John, here they are, I hope I did you proud and all of the design goes solely to you. These are Sierra super button clicks.
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1848.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Thanks for showing, Ken !!!

WOW !!! . Those are gorgeous !!

Well in keeping with your reputation for meticulous and accurate workmanship !! 😀

And with credit to JT, I must say that I can see his design in those !! 😀

jttheclockman

Man you made me look long and hard. Dead on :) I think you stole mine. I know that is not the case because mine were sold many years ago. Your accuracy is superb and I am sure they will be well received. Have to say you got those done rather quickly from last we talked. I have no ownership of any designs and encourage others if they see something I did by all means go for it and have fun. Just glad to have someone think my work was worthy enough to copy. They say copying is the highest form of flattery. Nice job Ken. I am sure there is or will be something I can borrow from your talents.

KenB259

Man you made me look long and hard. Dead on :) I think you stole mine. I know that is not the case because mine were sold many years ago. Your accuracy is superb and I am sure they will be well received. Have to say you got those done rather quickly from last we talked. I have no ownership of any designs and encourage others if they see something I did by all means go for it and have fun. Just glad to have someone think my work was worthy enough to copy. They say copying is the highest form of flattery. Nice job Ken. I am sure there is or will be something I can borrow from your talents.

Thanks John, No doubt I got lucky in these , because I rushed them way more than I should have. I wasn't going to be able to work on them tomorrow so I took my chances, as you can see, I had no issues. If there was aluminum involved, I would have just waited. I cut more infill than I needed so wouldn't have been a big deal to start over , if need be. I am glad you like them. They are going to be hard to hand over.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

KenB259

One thing I forgot to add and possibly why I was able to do these all in one day. I usually use titebond 3, or titebond translucent on all wood pens. I bought some new glue, new to me, Dap Rapid Fuse, it's a form of CA, but they say it has a 3 minute repositional time. These are the first pens I've used it on, I did not use it on the tubes. Has anyone else used it?

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

studioseven

I did a quick web search on the glue and came up with at least three types of the Dap Rapid Fuse. Which one did you use?

Seven

MRDucks2

One thing I forgot to add and possibly why I was able to do these all in one day. I usually use titebond 3, or titebond translucent on all wood pens. I bought some new glue, new to me, Dap Rapid Fuse, it's a form of CA, but they say it has a 3 minute repositional time. These are the first pens I've used it on, I did not use it on the tubes. Has anyone else used it?

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

I have used it a few times for repairing veneers that I had the pieces for on old furniture. It worked well for that. The shelf time in the bottle, once opened, is short compared to all other glues in my shop.

Richard92

I love the design of these pens. They gave me the challenge of trying this but not to level these are. Having tried a similar design myself but not as complicated you appreciate skill and patience needed to achieve this design.
Thanks for sharing these designs.

Top Bottom