Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I chimed in and sent Ed Mcdonnell a mesage to help as well. We will see what we can do.

toddlajoie

I was wondering when I read this this morning what I could do to help, but Mike's post was so far beyond what I could come up with, I figured he had it covered, and I would just reply once and a while to keep it popping up..

Then Ed did this and I realized I was in the presence of true genius!!!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Thanks a lot guys! Before I posted the original message, there were only 8 "points" purchased. As of a few minutes ago, it is now up to 94! No need to stop there, though, so if you see a chance, post something up please. And just to be clear, this is not about me and I was joking when I said I was beginning to get a complex. This is 100% about IAP and raising more money!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We know the best way is to just shamelessly bump with silly postings. Ed and Chuck and I can keep the banter up, If a couple others join in it should really take off.. We will keep on it.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Thanks guys, you are the best! Over 100 now! Ya think you guys can get it to two hundred? If you do, I will do a random drawing for you and make one of you your own clock with your own design! Can't do the logo since it is supposed to be a limited edition. Sorry Mike, it will be mesquite, no Koa here! After all, I AM mesquiteman! :)

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
We are up to 159 points now with only 5 hours left! That 200 mark for one of you guys to win a clock of your own is looking pretty ominous!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yours too? Mine had a corrupt windows dll file and would not start Friday morning We had been working on it most of the night Friday and all day Saturday, literally. We had a problem with the windows update files as well so after we got it started. We (meaning my son) finally got it fixed at midnight last night.

Ed McDonnell

I'm pretty sure I was the cause of my own problem. Thursday night I decided to uninstall a lot of old programs I don't use anymore. I'm guessing one (or more) of the uninstalls deleted some files used by programs I wanted to keep using. But I didn't think about that until later. Friday morning some programs I use everyday wouldn't run.

I spent half of Friday trying to fix it but couldn't. I'm pretty sure that at least some of my "fixes" made the problem worse because the system became increasingly unstable. That's when it dawned on me that all those uninstalls was the likely root cause of my problem. Had I thought of that sooner the "fix" would likely have been simpler and faster. But that's not the way it went down.

The good news is I have a Network Attached Server that backs up all our computers daily so I could just restore close to the point before my adventures in uninstalling without losing anything of importance.

When I went to restore from backup the whole process came to a screeching halt because of missing network drivers. This was particularly annoying since I had the drivers right there on a flash drive. The restore program wouldn't load them.

After a lot of swearing and desperate attempts to work around the problem I finally resorted to searching the web for help. Turns out that my program that restores from backup is a 32 bit program. It has 32-bit and 64-bit drivers for everything except network stuff. I'm running a 64-bit system and 32-bit network drivers won't work. So I had to go track down 64-bit network drivers that would work with my system. Once I had those the backup proceeded just fine. My system was restored about 2:00am Saturday morning.

You can bet I'm already tracking down 64-bit drivers for all my other systems. Hopefully I'll never need them, but.......

It's funny both of our systems had problems at the same time. I wonder if someone north of Jacsonville is sticking pins in voodoo dolls to punish us for living where the sun shines and the snow doesn't (snow that is).

Ed

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'm pretty sure I was the cause of my own problem. Thursday night I decided to uninstall a lot of old programs I don't use anymore. I'm guessing one (or more) of the uninstalls deleted some files used by programs I wanted to keep using. But I didn't think about that until later. Friday morning some programs I use everyday wouldn't run.

I spent half of Friday trying to fix it but couldn't. I'm pretty sure that at least some of my "fixes" made the problem worse because the system became increasingly unstable. That's when it dawned on me that all those uninstalls was the likely root cause of my problem. Had I thought of that sooner the "fix" would likely have been simpler and faster. But that's not the way it went down.

The good news is I have a Network Attached Server that backs up all our computers daily so I could just restore close to the point before my adventures in uninstalling without losing anything of importance.

When I went to restore from backup the whole process came to a screeching halt because of missing network drivers. This was particularly annoying since I had the drivers right there on a flash drive. The restore program wouldn't load them.

After a lot of swearing and desperate attempts to work around the problem I finally resorted to searching the web for help. Turns out that my program that restores from backup is a 32 bit program. It has 32-bit and 64-bit drivers for everything except network stuff. I'm running a 64-bit system and 32-bit network drivers won't work. So I had to go track down 64-bit network drivers that would work with my system. Once I had those the backup proceeded just fine. My system was restored about 2:00am Saturday morning.

You can bet I'm already tracking down 64-bit drivers for all my other systems. Hopefully I'll never need them, but.......

It's funny both of our systems had problems at the same time. I wonder if someone north of Jacsonville is sticking pins in voodoo dolls to punish us for living where the sun shines and the snow doesn't (snow that is).

Ed
Live by the sword? :biggrin::tongue: I wouldn't even think of it :wink: Sorry you guys had problems but, glad you found a fix.

Top Bottom