Cosmetic brush question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mikey

Mikey

Does anyone know what these are made of? It says on the AS website that they are natural hair, but they are labeled as "Sable" i have never heard of an animal called a Sable, so I am at a loss. I may have a pile of these for sale in a Spa and they are all organic type people, so I need to give a good answer.

Thanks guys.

(also, if anyone knows what the old Dior white ones were made from. Perhaps the ones Penworks sells are also the same?)

Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

Does anyone know what these are made of? It says on the AS website that they are natural hair, but they are labeled as "Sable" i have never heard of an animal called a Sable, so I am at a loss. I may have a pile of these for sale in a Spa and they are all organic type people, so I need to give a good answer.

Thanks guys.

(also, if anyone knows what the old Dior white ones were made from. Perhaps the ones Penworks sells are also the same?)

Mike

Sable is a small rodent, related to the mink. Here is a link with a picture of a black sable. There is also a golden colored sable.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ctures&hl=en&rlz=1T4SUNA_en___US217&sa=X&um=1

Most of the better commercial brushes on the market are made from sable.

AS sells golden sable brushes. Pen Works sells black sable brushes. Their prices are about the same.

I know Penworks sells Badger hair brushes. I'm sure sure if that helps you though.

Badger hair is used mostly for shaving brushes. It is a little course for cosmetic brushes.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Many years ago, when fur was acceptable, sable was in a class with mink.

Don't worry, high-end women will know what it is, without your help.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
A Sable is also an antelope:wink:

Attachments

• SableAdult.jpg
    SableAdult.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 125

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
True, but I don't think they make brushes from these.

The rodent sable looks rather fierce. I don't think I want to be the one to shear that animal. :eek:

When we moved to Wis., there was a mink farm not far from me. Nasty little critters. Much less so when they were coats or mink stoles.

el_d

Not too sure what the composition of the Dior cosmetic brushes are but I think they are sythetic.

I made some badger hair shaving brushes from AS for my dad and uncle, My father told me that when he used his the "paint" on the end of the brush started to come off. Left his shaving cream greyish. He said it looked like he had a 5o'clock shadow on one side of his face.:eek:

Last edited:

PenWorks

Per the manufacturer on the ones I sell. The black is sable & synthetic blend, the red is sable and the white & black is all synthetic. Is the sable dyed? I do not know, I thought it to be natural. Why anyone would use a white & black cosmetic brush as a shave brush, I don't know. :eek: That's what badger hair is for :wink:

Mikey

Thanks Anthony. I am hoping that the lady I am working with likes the red ones you sell because that will make me getting supplies easier as they will come from one place.

ngeb528

Why anyone would use a white & black cosmetic brush as a shave brush, I don't know. :eek: That's what badger hair is for :wink:

Didn't want a man (who doesn't put makeup on) to decide the two were interchangable and try to sell them to women. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Top Bottom