Coronavirus Trail Mix

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My wife and I are 10 days in what looks to be a 30+ day stay at my In-Laws. All is reasonably well so far. My In-Laws (both 94 and very frail) are doing well. They typically (the last year) have had 4 aides rotate through weekly... For various reasons they are down to one aide, 6 hrs a week. Due to Ohio state travel restrictions, my wife and I are the only available family to assist. This is fine (But I MISS my shop and lathe ). So, I was bored today and wanted to see if an IAP Trail Mix (several previous links ava) was possible.

The ingredients were only what was ava IN HOUSE! (Yikes).

So, I looked:

Blanched Peanuts
Slivered Almonds
HoneyNut Cheerios
Raisin Mini Wheats
Shelled Pistachios
Unsalted Cashews
Raisin Bran (...many varieties, many..., did I say many?)
Lots of potato chips
Lots of crackers (six boxes)
Raisins
Prunes
Fig Newtons

Also... (They are not big drinkers :().
Low Proof Coconut rum
Low Proof Whisky
Low proof Vodka

But:
Green Pepper Sauce
Red Pepper Sauce

OK, so I neglected to add the prunes.. My bad. ;)
No measurements are suggested as this is a "as available" recipe!!!
I simply dumped what was available into a large mixing bowl. I added some of the pepper sauce (both) and mixed.
I poured 1.5 oz of the low proof whisky to drink... Very unacceptable, but tasted good... :mad:

OK, so after all the random ingredients were added, mixed, baked for 30 min at 225 degrees. All was good. The mix was great. Not a "best recipe" endeavor, but for what was available, it will be fine!

Take care folks! Be safe, be healthy. 😷

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

I can't even stand one phone call
From wife's mother (only talks to
Wife) but that's enough for me)

Mark, you're living my daily lifestyle. I feel sorry for those of you who are "stuck" at home during this virus. Being isolated is how my wife and I live. I've talked to just one other person (other than my wife) in person in the last 5 weeks. We Duo with our family and I communicate with another member here. But that's about it. We leave our mountain tomorrow to head to Sams club to get some fresh fruit and a few staples, milk, yogurt, cheese and wine for my wife. I'll stop by Ace hardware and pick up my chain saw then straight home. But we'll both be masked and gloved.
Keep the faith people, this will go away and life will get back to normal, whatever normal is. :) :) :)

And Mark, your trail mix sounds good. Enjoy a shot of the Whiskey for me.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Tom, I do suspect that these precautions are common to folks like you. Not so common in Ohio (yet...). But, we can adapt, we can accept needed practices. Be well Tom, we will be there with you in 4 months!

MRDucks2

Jennifer said she wasn't so sure she would try the trail mix. I told her I would to which she replied, "yeah, but you have eaten things that I won't even touch."

Make her some "puppy chow" and she is in. She likes it sweet and said she'll try some of everything Sharon made.

howsitwork

My version of cabin fever seems to be baking. Blueberry scones, cheesecake cookies, cornbread sticks, zucchini bread....I'm going to gain 20 lbs before this is over!
So who's for a trip to Sharon's house to help out then ???????? Put me down for blueberry scones, oat flapjack and maybe a fruit cake or two ???

stay safe, it does get better

Ian

howsitwork

I found cloves of garlic on the door handles put the mother in law off…..

More seriously stick to hygiene practices. minimised close contact and stay safe until jabbed and fir 2 weeks after to give it time to develop best immunity.

Mark - try this link for inspiration ( or maybe perspiration ? )

you could always build yourself a pole lathe? There's a challenge for you and it will keep the waist line trim. Can't guarantee no heart attack and you do learn new swear words but 🤷‍♂️

regards and stay safe ,

Ian

Top Bottom