Corn Cob from Texas................ Thanks Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Well last month I recieved a box from Don Ward with several goodies in it, in my suprise I found 3 corn cobs among the blanks, so yesterday I did turn one cob and here;s the result.

Thanks Don

Serge

2005320224724_corn%20cob%20pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPauli

nice job. Its hard to find the right size cob. I have turned two of them but one was too small and one was too big. I ended up turning into the pith.

Deere41h

Serge....Great job on the corn cob. It has a really nice look to it. I especially like the extra bands you added in the center. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Darley

Thanks all for your nice comments, actualy the lamination was not planed when I glue the tube in with CA the tube set and living me with a 1/16 out of the blank so I use what Don send me to do the CB, turned and sander down to 12000 with 3 coat of CA, my wife love it and want a pen purse done, my son (6 yo ) ask me : where are the corn Dad ? [:D]

Thanks for looking

Serge

its_virgil

Serge,
You're very welcome. Very nice looking pen. The lamination you used is pick guard used in guitar making. Tell your son the corn was used to feed the squirrels in my yard. I must make a cigar corncob pen. Mine have all been slimlines. Made one this afternoon plus a couple of others. Will try to post some pics tomorrow.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

wayneis

Serge, are you telling us that Don sent you those cobs and ate all the corn himself? Should of at least left you a couple of kernels. But I see in your sorrow that you did turn one really nice pen. Good job.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom