corn cob FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Queso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queso

Stabilized corn cob FP - corn cobs are a pain in the butt to work with. Stabilization makes them better, but they're still a pain in the butt. I have some TSW on order, but until it arrives I just put four coats of lacquer on the barrels.

48_corn%20cob%20FP%20-%2016%20Mar%2005%20-%20small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kevin M

Nice pen...but you are right about being a pain. Did you stabilize or puchase the cob already done? I have only one successful corn cob pen so far and it does not get shown here.[xx(]
How much work was required after the application of the lacquer?

rtgleck

I agree... Pain or not you got one great looking pen there. I love the corn cob look and am working on getting some ready to try. Hardened about a dozen cob's hoping to get 1 out of em.

Queso

Originally posted by Kevin M
<br />Nice pen...but you are right about being a pain. Did you stabilize or puchase the cob already done? I have only one successful corn cob pen so far and it does not get shown here.[xx(]
How much work was required after the application of the lacquer?

Not much. I took if off the mandrel and assembled it. The only difficult part at that point was getting the little O-rings over the threads.

Thumbs

My wife is saving me some corn cobs after seeing this. (She feeds all the wildlife around here. Yes, me too.) How do you prep the cob for turning?

Darley

Originally posted by Sawdustier
<br />Great looking pen. Am looking forward to seeing your reply on how you prepared the corn cobs. Any little details for a new pen turner you add in there will be greatly appreciated too

Hi Sawdustier, you have to got to the IAP main page, click on all files ans scoll down to the last one you have and how to do corn cob pen instruction by Pat Lawson, I did follow and look at my late post.

Serge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom