Copper Pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

daveppeters

I bought a variety pack of slimline kits off Amazon (Crooked Mill) and one of them is a copper kit. What wood goes well with copper - either a particular wood or a general wood color? I can't seem to find anything.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Walnut works well. Darker browns work. I like to use a cast copper braid when using copper pens.

IMGP0602.JPG

grampadave

I bought a variety pack of slimline kits off Amazon (Crooked Mill) and one of them is a copper kit. What wood goes well with copper - either a particular wood or a general wood color? I can't seem to find anything.
I like Cocobolo. The hardware in the pic is Big Ben Cigar in Antique Copper from PSI.

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 65

Ray-CA

Here is an antique copper Sierra kit with mahogany, ebony and copper bands.

Attachments

• Copper.JPG
    Copper.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 58

egnald

I'm going to pile on - sorry - Dave

Copper (Antique Copper) with Kamphi Rosewood Burl.
IMG_2497 Cropped.jpg

Copper (Antique Copper) with Rocky B's Redwood Burl
IMG_1993 Cropped.jpg

Desert Ironwood and Malachite (Satin Copper)
IMG_1983 Cropped.jpg

EricRN

Satine/bloodwood would look nice. I've also done some red pearloid cellulose acetate with copper that looked outstanding. I was sad when that one sold. Was kind of hoping it wouldn't so I could keep it for myself! (And, of course, I can't find any pictures of it now.)

Top Bottom