Copper and Aluminum RB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Finally got back in the shed. I've had these rods out there for years. Not much for using notes, so I winged it.
Went with the brushed affect. A metal stick, with a roller ball refill. Thanks for looking!
DSCF0328.JPG
DSCF0325.JPG
DSCF0326.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That's a beauty - Clean lines, matching accent grooves, nice material combination. Great to see your back and playing. Nice photos also, metal is not the easiest to get without glare.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks guys. I've had this in mind since I started making kitless pens about 10 years now. I asked someone about turning copper, and was told copper is too gummy. I wanted to find out how gummy it was. I didn't find that with this pen.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Awesome. With a copper pen like this, is there any kind of finish on it? Wondering how the copper reacts with handling, that pens endure.
Minor point - If folks scroll down from this page they will see "Similar Threads." There are a few excellent threads that specifically discuss finishes and metal pen treatments. I REALLY liked the first from johnnycnc.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Awesome. With a copper pen like this, is there any kind of finish on it? Wondering how the copper reacts with handling, that pens endure.
I use VHT clear coat for wheels, as was recommended by Doc (Wizard here on IAP) It is not on the pen yet, as I am traveling in the morning, but will disassemble the pen next week. You are correct, this material will oxidize pretty darn quickly. Especially the copper.

Top Bottom