Cool Wood Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

I sold a wooden bottle stopper yesterday while working at the Gallery n Gifts. My customers almost always select the best wood from the selection of eight displayed. To make their decision more difficult I picked some of my more interesting blanks.

L to R
Blue box elder burl
Yellow heart
Desert Ironwood
Bloodwood
Black Ash Burl

16 coats of CA

Attachments

• AF5063C7-9515-4BA2-B67B-FA634E778665.jpeg
    AF5063C7-9515-4BA2-B67B-FA634E778665.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HawksFeather

Really beautiful wine stoppers. Do you warn people that the Osage Orange will darken with age. I used Osage for predator calls and one person said that they didn't want the bright yellow one, but really liked the call. I put it in the window so that the sun hit it and sold it to him a few months later when I saw him again. šŸ˜Š He really liked the brown call.

mmayo

Really beautiful wine stoppers. Do you warn people that the Osage Orange will darken with age. I used Osage for predator calls and one person said that they didn't want the bright yellow one, but really liked the call. I put it in the window so that the sun hit it and sold it to him a few months later when I saw him again. šŸ˜Š He really liked the brown call.
I've stopped using Osage and select yellowheart instead. I do discuss the changes in all woods as they age.

Top Bottom