Local Chapter Manager

Attachments

• Golf club.JPG
    Golf club.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Ed, is this what you made? Then how about a modified slimline that i 've seen with a long upper cap then you can put the golf ball at the end to keep the proportion in check.

tim self

It looks good Ed. Question though. Where did you get a head like that? All I have have a shorter shaft neck and brass plate where your clock is.

steeler fan1

Ed,

I think that is a terrific idea. I was a professional golf club maker before I retired to pen turning. I can see a nice market for that. I've also seen bottle stoppers that had a golf ball afixed to the top.

Where did you find the wooden club head? Since steel/ti heads came along wood has all but vanished.

Carl

steeler fan1

It looks good Ed. Question though. Where did you get a head like that? All I have have a shorter shaft neck and brass plate where your clock is.

Actually Tim the brass plate is on the sole of the club(bottom). Where Ed has the clock would be an insert made of some hard material. Thats where the head makes contact with the ball,(if done correctly:wink:). What I wondered was where he found a wooden head these days.

Carl

OKLAHOMAN

Guys that "wood" :)be a heck of a lot simplier than going to pawn shops or goodwill stores looking for old clubs and then working to remove the handle like I've done before, And being able to inserting a clock/picture or logo in the face of the club...nice

Tanner

Now I know what I could have done with my old driver instead of chucking it in the woods after that last bad hit. Yeah, true story...unfortunately.

Gary Max

They went over like a lead life jacket-----Roy and I both made a bunch of these almsot had to give them away to move them. I got down to $40.00 ----want to buy a couple????

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks Gary!! No, that's about the price point I anticipated. All will work, without the clock it will be quite profitable.

Add the clock, add some bucks.

Gary Max

You can find someone who would turn a Closed end Baron and buy all the material for a $40.00 pen-----Heck I can get better money than that from a MIA/POW slim.
Plus there's a side of this you aint thinking about-----there is no good way to display them-----it just sucks up table space.

OKLAHOMAN

Ed, the mistake I made was using higher end pens for the desk set. I did finally sell all mine and never made any more. If using a Comfort, slimline I think a $60 ticket, with clock or picture $75, I was using Jr. Gents in Rhodium and black ti and asking $150, finally sold my last one last spring..

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Gary,

Doesn't look like you will be putting a big dent in my supply.

Good enough!!

Anybody got a golf course near them, with a PRO shop?? Anything in the PRO shop UNDER $75???

Put on your golf outfit and go talk with the manager!!
Hand-made----golf theme-----gift for dad???

I think I can find a market!!

jaywood1207

Great idea and execution Ed and Gary. I tried this version a few years ago and still have most of them. Didn't sell worth a darn. I think I had these listed at $15 at the lowest without a pen and still couldn't sell them.

Attachments

• DSCF2390.jpg
    DSCF2390.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 120

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
So, I guess we will have to start with California, Arizona and Florida golfers. And guys who are comfortable visiting your local country club.

When we did shows in Chicago, golf items did well as "gifts for dad". Must be a regional thing.

Gary Max

Great idea and execution Ed and Gary. I tried this version a few years ago and still have most of them. Didn't sell worth a darn. I think I had these listed at $15 at the lowest without a pen and still couldn't sell them.

Glad you posted that-------I got a box full of clocks I need to get rid of.

Hummmmmmmmm--------maybe I can trade them off

jttheclockman

Wow that photo brought back memories. I used to make something similar years ago except I use to scrollsaw a guy or gal swinging a club, had the golf ball with a clock drilled into it and a golf club with a pen. I cut the base to look like a sand trap or bunker. I try selling them for $45 and finally sold them out at $25. Lost money on them and have not made them for at least 6 or 7 years now. Looking into something abit different these days and someday will get it done. On my list of to do's.

Gary Max

Heck Ed this worked out real good for me----I got rid if the clock inserts and never even posted them for sale----now if I could just get rid of the last two golf club pens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom