Cooking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

A few weeks ago someone started a thread about getting together and cooking out. Needless to say because of the changes due to the virus I cooked out by myself. Not as much fun during but the end results are almost the same. I bought a couple of pork ribeye roast by mistake and read that they can be difficult to cook because they're so lean that they dry out before there done enough to kill the bacteria. I decided if I wrapped it in breakfast sausage then bacon that ought to off set that problem. I seasoned the pork with Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning and dark brown sugar then wrapped with the sausage then bacon. I know it's not the healthiest thing on the menu but it's sure tasty.
653674BD-94CA-4EA8-8019-EA80C178D1F5.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Looks awesome. Right now, I'm not worried that my diet for the next 2 months will kill me! ;) . I tend to go with very healthy Breakfast and lunch, then have a tasty dinner. Your's would certainly qualify!

Be well.

Kenny Durrant

My wife can't understand why my cholesterol isn't off the chart the way I eat. She watches her diet and exercises and all I do is play with my pens and eat carbs and grease. The carbs have caught up with me because my glucose is high enough I need to make some changes. I think Idaho is going to miss me because I'm cutting out the potatoes. Ha Ha. Also no more TexMex because I can't leave the chips and salsa alone. .

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thermoworks make the best thermometers and when the temp is followed explicitly, you can have a fully cooked, done enough to kill the bacteria, and juicy to boot. There is about a 6° to 8° range in which it changes from juicy to dry and yet fully cooked.

BTW, I love to buy bacon in bulk and smoke it myself. My daughters and grandkids love it!

Kenny Durrant

I'll buy regular packaged bacon and cook it on the grill. I like the smoked flavor and no mess. I'll cook a 3 lb package and put what's left in the freezer. Then I'll take a few pieces out at a time when grilling burgers or making a ham sandwich.

Kenny Durrant

Thanks Guys. Not sure how it ships. It would never make it to the post office. It's like the fries at a burger place. One orders going to disappear on the way home.

. Also no more TexMex because I can't leave the chips and salsa alone. .

My wife and I can both make a meal out of chips and salsa.... we have a local Mexican restaurant that has a salsa bar with all kinds of salsa on it from very mild tomato/ketchupy taste to habanero based tasty stuff.... our table usually has 4 or 5 cups from mild to hot and even green sauce.

Top Bottom