Conway Stewart Ceblox

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Valleyboy

Valleyboy

Hi all.

This is a pen I've made for myself. I was lucky to get hold of this Conway Stewart Ceblox blank. It is, I believe, a sample so I'm not sure it ever made it to their production pens, but I may be wrong and there may be thousands out there. I'm trying to find out so if anybody on here knows please reply in the comments.

It has 14mm cap threads and houses a Bock no8 titanium flex nib. I've ground the nib myself to a cursive italic grind, which I prefer. It does actually improve my writing. Well in my opinion at least.

I have opted for a slightly shorter section and, in order to improve the ergonomics, I've taken the step diameter down a fraction so gripping the pen isn't impeded.

I prefer a pocket clip on my pens as I do use them in my day job. I'm working on making my own out of silver and, whilst I'm getting there in terms of technique, I still can't settle on a shape I like. So, while I continue to pontificate, I've used a shop-bought, chrome plated clip here instead. The accents are sterling silver.

Cheers
Ash
0F435B5F-B60A-442C-9907-543680F27BDA.jpeg0863C2BE-BE54-4BE6-8902-6A77E3BBC417.jpeg7BB82243-CBD4-452C-A1E9-E6432B178354.jpegD9DDD893-AA51-4C2A-AA8C-2E5BBD8962C2.jpeg3CD22B15-3112-4DD8-B809-EB8849AE272F.jpegE50DC5FE-FAB1-418D-8A5A-6C3DC36049E2.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jans husband

Nice pen!
I like the Conway Stewart blanks. Turners Workshop in the UK say on their site that they bought all the Conway Stewart blanks when the Company went into liquidation, but I don't know if that is the case
Mike

Valleyboy

Nice pen!
I like the Conway Stewart blanks. Turners Workshop in the UK say on their site that they bought all the Conway Stewart blanks when the Company went into liquidation, but I don't know if that is the case
Mike
Thank you.
Yes I got this from him. We know it's definitely Conway Stewart but, unlike all the other CS materials which are all fairly easy to identify, this one is a little unusual. So I've put it on a couple of forums to see if anybody recognises it.
Cheers
Ash

Valleyboy

That's a beauty! I get my Conway Stewart blanks from Exoticblanks. https://www.exoticblanks.com/Conway-Colors-Pen-Blanks/
I don't see an exact blank of yours but the last one of the page is similar, just more of a blue or purple and less green like yours.
Thanks John.
Yes there are a few similar blanks around. This one, however, is ceboplast rather than acrylic which, in itself, is unusual. I think it may have been a sample they made and it never actually made it to production pens. Perhaps it was in their plans just before they closed down.
Cheers
Ash

Jontello

Ash,

I have a couple of these blanks and also got them from Vince a while back. It for sure is a beautiful material. It is Conway Stewart material according to Vince but that is all i got. I did not know it was ceblox pen materials but I appreciate your knowledge on this. I have not seen any of this material anywhere else. Glad i was able to get some!. Beautiful pen by the way!

jon

Valleyboy

Ash,

I have a couple of these blanks and also got them from Vince a while back. It for sure is a beautiful material. It is Conway Stewart material according to Vince but that is all i got. I did not know it was ceblox pen materials but I appreciate your knowledge on this. I have not seen any of this material anywhere else. Glad i was able to get some!. Beautiful pen by the way!

jon
Hey Jon

Yes i know there were a hand ful of blanks loafing around. I'm pretty sure it's Ceblox - it certainly feels and cuts like it. It's definitely not the acrylics we typically associate with Conway Stewart. I will say it didn't heat up as quickly as the other Mazzucchelli I've got. It's almost the perfect pen making material (if such a thing exists!).
Dig it out and have a go when you get a chance as I'd be interested to hear what you think! As I say I kept this for myself which I don't do very often. That's how much I liked it. 😊

Cheers
Ash

Jontello

Hey Jon

Yes i know there were a hand ful of blanks loafing around. I'm pretty sure it's Ceblox - it certainly feels and cuts like it. It's definitely not the acrylics we typically associate with Conway Stewart. I will say it didn't heat up as quickly as the other Mazzucchelli I've got. It's almost the perfect pen making material (if such a thing exists!).
Dig it out and have a go when you get a chance as I'd be interested to hear what you think! As I say I kept this for myself which I don't do very often. That's how much I liked it. 😊

Cheers
Ash
I will let you know once i have a chance to turn this material. Great pen by the way! Well deserved.

jon

Top Bottom