Continuing on the use of domestic woods...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

This time using curly madrone and curly black walnut with a twist. The twist is an attempt at making a rollerball. It took a few tries to make the section about right, feels okay holding it, but I'll probably need a few more attempts to convince myself of the best shape.
C&C welcome.

XC3Y7832.jpg XC3Y7837.jpg XC3Y7839.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MedWoodWorx

its_virgil

Very nice work. Making these non-kit pens is fun and quite rewarding. You've hit a home run with these two.
Tell us more about the materials. Are the cap and body sleeved? I've made a couple of rollerballs and have yet to settle on a shape of the section. I think you are on the right track to tweak this one to your likings.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Fred Bruche

Very nice work. Making these non-kit pens is fun and quite rewarding. You've hit a home run with these two.
Tell us more about the materials. Are the cap and body sleeved? I've made a couple of rollerballs and have yet to settle on a shape of the section. I think you are on the right track to tweak this one to your likings.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Thanks Don! Both cap and body are fully sleeved, by the same approach as I have used in my recent posts: drill the blank, pour liquid diamond epoxy resin (colored with mica powders), let it cure, drill the inside of the pen, and voilĂ  :)

Top Bottom