Contest Participation Numbers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here are the number of participants by contest. This only covers the contests that used entry forms. I have listed them in order of participation.

Puzzles 77 (266 if you count entries)
Ballpoint Pen 26
Kit Pen 17 (18 if you count entries, one submitted 2 entries)
Ugly Pen 16 (17 if you count entries, one submitted 2 entries)
Shop Life Photo 14
Youth Pen 13
Pen Photo 11
Freestyle Pen 10
Kitless Pen
Modified Kit Pen 8 (9 if you count entries, one submitted 2 entries)
Antler Horn and Bone 8
Git R Done 5 (6 if you count entries, one submitted 2 entries)
Cartridge Pen 4

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
A few more statistics for you...based on entries through the forms.

There were only 78 unique participants

Three members tied for best participation with 6 contest entered each.
Sylvanite, southernclay, and BrianG

39 Members participated in only 1 contest.

toddlajoie

I had the impression that participation was down this year, Curtis's stats, along with the ones Mark put together in the feedback thread confirm it. I was VERY worried in the photo contests, as I only had 3 entries in the pen photos up to the last day of the contest, with 9 coming in at the last minute... I've never run any of the other contests, so I'm not sure if this flurry of last minute entries is normal.

I couldn't really judge participation for the photo contest without really looking deep into last year's entries, as this year people were restricted to 1 entry per person versus previous years allowing 2 per... so while there were a lot fewer photos, I don't think the number of people participating took a huge hit.

Things like the Get-it-Done with 5 entries puzzles me as I LOVE the idea of that contest, and it was the one pen contest I REALLY wanted to enter this year.

For me, I sat out much of the competition (heck I entered the trash talking by mistake...:biggrin:) mainly because I knew it was going to be a busy month for me outside of IAP, but New England's record February (several feet of snow and negative temps most of the month) would have kept me from getting much done if I had planned on participating. I'm not sure how much of the IAP community might be in the same boat.

There was a good amount of discussion last year on increasing participation in the contests, and I think we should continue to focus on that. I'm wondering if we should be asking the members what type of competition they would ENTER, rather than what they would like to SEE. I know I LOVE to see the Freestyle Contest, but it's not a contest I'm likely to enter. It's easy and stress free to be a "spectator" participant, and let the other members do all the heavy lifting.

Top Bottom