"Conflict" Resin Satin Gold Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

karlkuehn

Banned
[:I] Sorry guys, I've been busy in the shop. hehe [:p]

This is one of my "Conflict" solid resin blanks. This batch was actually going to be a set of FL Gator Blanks for a custom order, but I'm looking for something a little different, soooooo....I got a new blank available in the classifieds!

The finish is MM6000, white diamond buff, Ren wax. I went up to MM6000 on this one because I was zoned out and didn't realize how far I was going through the Micromesh. Good practice, I guess!

I was torn between a satin gold or satin copper kit. I thought about it for a while and when I looked in my cabinet and saw that I was out of satin coppers, I decided to go with the satin gold. Funny how things will work themselves out. :D

Kit is a satin gold cigar from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods.

ResinConflict1_1.jpg

ResinConflict1_2.jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments/questions/suggestions welcome. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You're still workin' on me AREN"TCHA ? Well , I'm fighting it....OK I want one !! Soon as I get the money ! That's another beauty by Karl ! Anyone disagree ? Thanks Karl ! [8D]

toolcrazy

Karl,
You either need to stop posting these fabulous blanks, or post a tutorial on how to make our own. I've got resin, but no money to buy your stuff. Come on, give us a break.:D:D
Just kidding, another beauty.

Oh yeah! That's nice. It's hard to decide if I'm more in awe of your blanks, craftsmanship, presentation or photography skills. Karl, you've pretty much got them all mastered. Where do you go from here???

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by retired-sofa-spud

Oh yeah! That's nice. It's hard to decide if I'm more in awe of your blanks, craftsmanship, presentation or photography skills. Karl, you've pretty much got them all mastered. Where do you go from here???

Disneyland?

heh [:p]:D

You should see my 'oops' drawer. And I almost relocated my camera to the creek out back today. Stupid camera. :(

woody0207

Karl, Your blanks and the way you apply them are just amazing...

I wish I had some money to buy a few... SWHTM has been taking a renewed interest at my list of purchases as of late [B)]. Seems I need to stay under the radar for awhile...

Do you ever have any "rejects" that you'd be willing to donate a good cause :D:D

bitshird

Wowser der Heh Karl, that's an outstanding mix, I hope I'm not going to be down too long, I wanna cast some stuff, I think I can maybe get an hour or two a day in the shop for a while I hope, any way, nice pen great mix and you didn't quite get the same brightness/contrast so you loose .001 brownie badge point.:D:D:D:D
Pretty nice pictures otherwise[8D][:eek:)]

Ligget

Awesome "as expected from you" Karl, the blanks are amazing, you could stare into that blank for ages it is really beautiful. Satin Gold is exactly what I would have used![:p]

VisExp

Karl, I have to smile picturing you mixing your resins ready for casting. Do you talk to yourself "Eye of newt, leg of toad, cauldron boil and bubble" [insert witches cackle here] :D

Thats a nice looking pen, love the swirls.

Top Bottom