Computer help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Need some computer help. I have a web site that I can not click on and open. When I do I get this warning and it does not allow me to open no matter what I do. I know there is a work around but need help doing it. Thanks.

This site can't provide a secure connection
www.randbcrafts.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Hide details

The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Oooops ..... I had to modify my reply to you. . Sorry.

Please read my modified message.

jttheclockman

Oooops ..... I had to modify my reply to you. . Sorry.

Please read my modified message.
I just made it red letters so that it does not blend in with the post. While you are at it. Look up for me the cost of M3 Damascus steel classic and post screen shot if you can. Thanks

jttheclockman

They are just showing white (6) , black gold (7), and classic (2) Mokume John @19.95 ($5 off) . No mention of Damascus steel . Sorry , don`t know how to do a screen shot .
Yes the classic is probably the one I want.

Hopefully maybe someone will come along and help me with the computer stuff. Thanks.

Maybe this is not my problem but theirs. Been doing some reading.

Last edited:

monophoto

John

I am able to access that site.

It sounds to me like you have some security software on your computer that is blocking access to this site. Can't possible tell you what to do to fix it because we don't know what software you are using.

jttheclockman

Best of luck getting this problem resolved John. Have you tried your 12ga with 00 buck on your computer:eek:? Sure cures the frustration level😂
I know I need a new system and whole computer but I was born with the idea if it is not broke do not fix it. I will have my brother get on the site and make purchase if I need to. Thanks.

Sharon I got your message and will try them. Thanks.

ramaroodle

What browser/anti-virus program are you using? You probably need to "whitelist" the site in your anti-virus program. It probably doesn't like the fact that the url doesn't start with https. Sometimes you can right-click to tell your system it's ok or whatever procedure your setup requires.

jttheclockman

Chrome and AVG. I shut the security off and did nothing. Cleaned cookies and cache, changed to firefox and nothing. I believe that Rand B updated their website and use a TSL 1.3 and my system can not handle that. I will just avoid that site. Their loss.

Jim_V

Your browser's security level may be set too high. Changing it depends on which browser you are using. You can try googling "Security Setting" for your particular browser for instructions.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
You might be getting close to the 'it is broken, so do fix it' category of computer repair! :) XP is so dangerously out-of-date, you should consider upgrading...they haven't updated the software or fixed any security issues in that system for over 6 years...

sbwertz

I still have quite a few clients running XP. It was a very robust operating system, but it is now vulnerable to many viruses because it hasn't been updated for years. Many of my clients are older, and just don't want to have to learn a new OS.

Top Bottom