computer help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I just purchased a new laptop (HPm7-1015dx) with windows 7. I use chrome but I think this problem has happened with IE but I have uninstalled other browsers. I also think it is a windows 7 issue but it may be a chrome issue. Here it is.

While browsing the cursor seems to lock onto the scroll bar and even though I move the cursor off the scroll bar the bar stays blue and moves up and down as cursor is moved around the screen. No other "click on" options are active as long as this is happening. I cannot pinpoint what I do to cause this to happen or to stop. VERY ANNOYING!! What can I do?

Thanks and Do a good turn daily! (and help me)
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rob73

You could check to see if clicklock has been turned on

start =-> Control panel => hardware &sound => devices and printers => Mouse

In mouse properties button tab make sure ClickLock is unchecked

its_virgil

Thanks but ClickLock is not active. This problem seems to happen randomly or I am doing something to activate it. I just can seem to pinpoint what I'm doing. Some browsing sessions it does not happen at all.
Don

You could check to see if clicklock has been turned on

start =-> Control panel => hardware &sound => devices and printers => Mouse

In mouse properties button tab make sure ClickLock is unchecked

Sylvanite

Don,

Have you checked the documentation on your touchpad? Many of them have special features beyond just mouse movement. Some have scroll zones at the edges and different meanings for taps in the corners. Your finger might just be straying into one of these areas and activating a scroll mode.

Regards,
Eric

PenMan1

Here's how I fixed it on mine. I went to control panel (you can also do it with a right click and exit the touch pad ) from the task bar. AND THEN, I bought a small and portable USB travel mouse. It's worked perfectly ever since:)

JustmeinMS

Don,

Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity of the touch pad. If the sensitivity is set too high, a finger resting on the touch pad or a little inadvertent pressure can make it act as though one were clicking and dragging with a mouse.

Top Bottom