Components/Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phixius

Who makes a thin line (Thickness) for small hands. A Thin line rollerball, I find a large portion of my customers like writing with the rollerball style pen but the thickness of the pen is a deal breaker. Also looking for Curly Koa.

Thanks

Phixius

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darios

You might want to look at PSI's classc/classic elite lines. Rollerball & fountain options with 10mm tube and an outer diameter of 0.495

derekdd

Good question, and one I searched for pretty thoroughly.

@Darios is right, 10mm is about the minimum I've found for most rollerballs.

The one kit I've settled on is William Wood Write's Snap Cap rollerball. It uses an 8mm drill bit. Here's a link if interested. I've had good luck with them over a half dozen or so orders. Canadian company so shipping is more, but the conversion rate sort of makes up for it.

https://www.penblanks.ca/snap-cap-rollerball-chrome

Ed at Exotic Blanks carries the Editor, which is basically the same pen only in ball point. They use the same bushings at least.

JohnU

Just a thought but I had a few requests in the past from a couple people who like the shape of the ballpoint but wanted the rollerball inks. I swapped out the stock ballpoint ink with an Easyflow9000 medium ballpoint and another with a Parker Gel refill from Walgreens for them to try. They decided to go with the ballpoint once they realized there were refill options for better ink.

Darios

The one kit I've settled on is William Wood Write's Snap Cap rollerball. It uses an 8mm drill bit. Here's a link if interested. I've had good luck with them over a half dozen or so orders. Canadian company so shipping is more, but the conversion rate sort of makes up for it.

https://www.penblanks.ca/snap-cap-rollerball-chrome
Nice - I didn't know about that one. That got me looking a bit deeper

It looks like on the US side of the border Berea carries a couple lines of rollerballs coming in at 3/8ths (9.5mm) - the Round Top, the Flat Top and the New Series.

Nothing down to 8mm though. I just might have to pick that one up just to see it.

sorcerertd

I agree with the PSI Classic and Classic Elite. The Rollester is popular, though I'm not a fan of the cap. The Raw is another one. Other suppliers make similar models. I do like the narrower ones with the needlepoint refills, too. That adds a lot to the narrower perception.

sorcerertd

Here is a PSI Classic Elite with a Pentel Energel needle tip cartridge in it for reference.

20240414_204519.jpg

Top Bottom