Common body for size 5 and size 6 Bock nibs - effect on ergonomics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sri Pens

I just commenced Kitless pens with a M 13x0.8 multi start for Cap and a M 10x1 for section for a Bock 6 nib .

Will the ergonomics suffer if the body remains same and a section with size 5 Nib is interchanged ? ( section remain at the same only the internal threads of the nib housing will be changed )

or do I need to invest On M 12x O.8 and a corresponding lower size for section too.

I seek an advice on past experiences.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

If, by ergonomics, you mean the pen proportions, then yes.
I find a #5 nib on this size of a section and pen, looks to small. However I have had the occasional client request it.
Thats why no matter what it looks like, every pen will eventually find a home.

Sri Pens

If, by ergonomics, you mean the pen proportions, then yes.
I find a #5 nib on this size of a section and pen, looks to small. However I have had the occasional client request it.
Thats why no matter what it looks like, every pen will eventually find a home.
Thanks. Pen proportions and consequently the grip i mean

Chriscb

Umm... yes I'm with Patrick in that I tend to pair a Bock #5 nib with M12 x 1 and M9 x 1 (section) and M13 x 1and M10 x 1 for Bock #6 pens. Although I have often used a Bock #5 (076) - a wide bodied version nib that gives the pen gravitas. I guess you could use the 0.8 taps as well - makes the wall a little thicker. To go back to your question - a Bock #6 pen is longer and wider than a Bock #5 pen - at least in my opinion.
Chriscb

Top Bottom