Comfort Pen....... sort of

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jakoop

jakoop

OK, this pen took on a life of it's own after I had started it. First, it is olive-wood, but I didn't have any olive-wood pen blanks so I cut a wine stopper blank into pen blanks. Once I had the blanks cut, I jerry-rigged up a make shift vice to hold my blanks while I drilled them out. Yes, I eyeballed it! I need to buy a few more things! I put it on the lathe and began to turn, I measure with calipers the grip collar, turn it to size then measure the gold center band, not realizing that it is actually the cap piece! There was no center band in the package that I had. Thinking the cap was my center band I search for a cap, so I take an extra cap I had from a slimline pen and use it. I measure everything with calipers slowly turn the pen into a reasonable shape that I like, sand it, and polish with Shellawax, which I really like. I begin to assemble the pen and that when I see I have mistakenly measured the cap thinking it center band! Crap! No center band! I dig through some of my parts and find a Designer Twist pen kit that is missing a few thing but the center band is there and bingo! It fits! So this pen, which I am very fond of now is made from 3 different pen kits that came together by shear luck I believe. LOL!

Not sure if anyone else uses different parts to make a pen, but It can be done, either by dumb luck or good planning! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20191012_201300.jpg
    IMG_20191012_201300.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 216
Top Bottom