Comet motor controller

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ScooterSteven

I believe my motor controller is bad. Nova Comet II Dr 46300. Lathe won't start and the controller is putting out 115 vac. The replacement controller is "out of stock".

What recommendations for a replacement? Doesn't have to be variable speed or have a digital readout. I can deal with that. I assume any dc power supply of sufficient amperage would be okay. Also, what voltage would work? 60 - 115 vdc? TIA

Bryguy

Contact Teknatool, their tech support is excellent. If they don't have the part, they should be able to tell you what you need as a replacement.

ScooterSteven

Contact Teknatool, their tech support is excellent. If they don't have the part, they should be able to tell you what you need as a replacement.
Thanks. I have sent the service request. The part shows out of stock. And of course it's a long weekend. I'm just need a suitable sub to get turning again.

ScooterSteven

Update: Teknatool doesn't have the part in stock. They said to order from Ali Express. I found a 2 for $36 deal on Amazon. It works. I robbed the forward/reverse switch for the bad controller and added a 4 amp circuit breaker. All works very well.
IMG_0489.jpg

Top Bottom