Combo - pen/pencil lams

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Here are a couple of ball pen/pencil combos made from the Sketcher kit.
Some fairly simple laminations, cocobolo & Tru stone malichite and cocobolo & birdseye maple veneer w/blackwwod. Kinda hard to see the birdseye in the maple :D The malichite ring at the top of the one, is very proud to give the look of a gem stone ring, the top part is cross cut. About the hardest thing to making these, is drilling a long straight hole keepping everything square, but nothing my PHD vise couldn't handle ;)

As always, Pro's & Con's comments to stimulate discussion is appreciated [8D] Thanks for looking :)

2007525544_combo_pencils.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

Awesome, just awesome!!!! I have to stop by your place one of these days and watch you work Anthony. Your work is always so nice, sometimes I wonder if you made a deal with the devil.[}:)][:D]

PenWorks

Originally posted by Tanner
<br /> I have to stop by your place one of these days and watch you work Anthony.

No problem, but you won't be watching, I could use a driller, gluer, buffer guy around [:D]

The ball pen refill is something I had lying around from a Bexley pen, I am going to try and find these if available. They DID NOT come with the kit.

Thank for the comments.

gerryr

Very nice Anthony. I think I prefer the Cocobolo and Malachite combination and shape, but in person I might change my mind. The photo seems to have a slight overall yellow cast to it or maybe it's just my monitor.

PenWorks

Originally posted by gerryr
<br /> The photo seems to have a slight overall yellow cast to it or maybe it's just my monitor.

It's your monitor Jerry. I have looked at these pics on my new laptop and they really looked pretty good. Looking at them on my office desktop this morning, they look like crap. Very yellowish as well and can not pic up the figure in the wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom