Color Poured Holiday Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob in SF

Bob in SF

I looked outside on a very rainy day - truly pouring.
A micro LED lit up in the deepest recess of my paleocortex - controlled indoor color poured pens.
No one else was in the shop to stop me.
Background music - Leroy Anderson's "Sleigh Ride"; composition begun on a sweltering July day in 1946, completed on an ice cold February day in 1948, recorded in 1950; and still fresh today.

Steps:
Condiment cup with various Jacquard Lumiere paint colors.
Penn State drying system rotating either direction.
Color carefully poured onto the rotating tube.
Colors gently moved around with nylon fishing line.
Paint cured for a week.
Cast tube-in using Douglas and Sturgess polyester resin with some dichroic film and metal flakes.
Turned and finished as usual.

ColorPouredHolidayPens,markison2019,1000px.jpg

ColorPouredHolidayStylusPens,markison2019,1000px.jpg

ColorPouredHolidayFountainPens,markison2019,1000px.jpg

Happy Holidays to everyone.

And Happy New Year to all.

Gratefully - Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Gorgeous work, Bob !!! . I'd say that your paleocortex is working at the top level ( as usual ! ) !!

And, BTW, I enjoy Leroy Anderson also !!! ... in particular "Blue Tango" ... composed in 1951 ! . Learned that on piano many years ago ... still play.
I like all his compositions very much !

Happy Holidays !

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Those are excellent Bob. The colors and added elements (film and metal flakes) are very attractive. The finished pens are equally well done ;) .

I have two framed oil pictures from my parents that incorporated gold leaf as an element in the panorama of Japanese mountains - the metal leaf is a wonderful addition.

BTW I believe Darley has incorporated Gold Leaf in some of his works.

Lovely work, and the solitary time in the shop is a welcomed respite.

Bob in SF

Heartfelt and humble thanks to Carl, Chad, Mal, Tom, Russ, Russ, Mark, Charlie, Cody,and Mark!

Mal - Big YES to Leroy Anderson's Blue Tango.
Here's a little clip from one of yesterday's Christmas Party gigs - lucky to play with master guitarist Jim Nichols (he's just back from a tour with Tommy Emmanuel) - can't seem to shake "Sleigh Ride" out of the paleocortex. I had a friend in Switzerland make the top part of this grenadilla wood sopranino recorder (pitched in F - fun transposing) - I turned the bottom of the instrument from the same billet and milled a different fingering system to "ride" through modern jazz):

Cody - I like your idea about luminescent paints.

Happy Holidays to all - Gratefully - Bob

Top Bottom