Color blind photographs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I think I'm missing out on some beautiful pens due to my inability to distinguish color. It's a problem for me and I think others too. What happens is when you post a picture of a pen, wood or acrylic, onto like colored materials the colors blend together making the item, in my case, disappear. I've seen it on two photo's today and the only thing I could see on the fountain pen was the nib. I love seeing all the beautiful works of art on this website and I like to comment on all of them but some I can't see. I read the comments and in some cases can only imagine what I'm missing. I'm hoping those that read this will understand and perhaps use a different colored background so people like me can enjoy their masterpieces.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
One photographer's trick for checking exposure is to take a test shot with your camera set to Black and White. It's easier to spot brightness and contrast problems in grayscale. A side benefit of that practice is that you get to see how your photo will appear to the colorblind.

Regards,
Eric

Interesting idea Eric. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

MDWine

There's a bunch of discussion on this here.
There's a lot to consider, especially the "color temperature" or "color balance".
Still, with a bit of investigation, you can get very good images.
Practice, practice, practice!

Top Bottom