Collector sheet Ryder Cup pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

When you get the 4-stamp set of Irish stamps that celebrate the Ryder Cup,they come on this collector sheet,that is like 1 giant stamp.It's almost an exact fit for a Zen pen,so I thought it would be fun to try to make a neat pen out of it.( I hate to waste anything! )

So here's some close up pics,plus the last one shows it along side the one I did earlier using the Ryder Cup stamps.

It's another one done decoupage-style with ca.

I'm hoping these will appeal to the golf fans out there someday.

Thanks for lookin'!

Attachments

• IMG_7680.JPG
    IMG_7680.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_7683.JPG
    IMG_7683.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7686.JPG
    IMG_7686.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_7690.JPG
    IMG_7690.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_7692.JPG
    IMG_7692.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7685.JPG
    IMG_7685.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_7694.JPG
    IMG_7694.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice Steve!

I love your work.

Got a couple of questions. Do you undercut a wooden blank below the bushings so you have room to build it back up? Or paint and glue directly to the tube and have to build it up alot?

I'm playing with stamps and on the learning curve. I've been simply cutting up a broomstick (blanks = .30/each!), and undercutting them; still building it up too far though.

ossaguy

Very nice Steve!

I love your work.

Got a couple of questions. Do you undercut a wooden blank below the bushings so you have room to build it back up? Or paint and glue directly to the tube and have to build it up alot?

I'm playing with stamps and on the learning curve. I've been simply cutting up a broomstick (blanks = .30/each!), and undercutting them; still building it up too far though.

Hi Mark,

On the straight profile blanks like this Zen,I've been turning the blank down to about .470,then a quick ca finish,then spray painting it satin white.I use the Mod Podge to both glue them on,then 2 coats to seal.With the overlap,it ends up about .489''.Then I do the ca coats til it's around .520 '' or so,then skew it down to .513'',then sand and polish to the .511'' spec.

With doing it to those measurements,I have not had any accidents where a border gets snagged,and you can't feel any seam with your eyes closed.

Your broomstick blanks sound like a great way to learn.I hope that if you find a better way,you can post the tips.

Thanks,
Steve

Edward Cypher

Detail process

Very nice Steve!

I love your work.

Hi Mark,
On the straight profile blanks like this Zen,I've been turning the blank down to about .470,then a quick ca finish,then spray painting it satin white.I use the Mod Podge to both glue them on,then 2 coats to seal.With the overlap,it ends up about .489''.Then I do the ca coats til it's around .520 '' or so,then skew it down to .513'',then sand and polish to the .511'' spec.

With doing it to those measurements,I have not had any accidents where a border gets snagged,and you can't feel any seam with your eyes closed.

Your broomstick blanks sound like a great way to learn.I hope that if you find a better way,you can post the tips.

Thanks,
Steve

Great discription of your process. Thanks for all the detail. Those are two nice pens.:):)

ossaguy

If you really like making these you should become a member of this golf website and post in their forums.

GolfWRX - Golf news, equipment, reviews, classifieds and discussion

Lots of golfers there that would lust over pens like this.

Hey thanks!

I filled in the applicaton & sent it in,will see if anything comes out of it.I enjoy making the golf club clip pens out of wood,too.Those have been well recieved as gifts so far,and it would be neat to make some of those too.

Thanks again,
Steve

Top Bottom