COLLABORATIVE TURNING WINS CONTEST!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Here is an ornament I turned last year. It is curly maple and ebony.
My Wonderful Wifey did all the surface embellishment!
One of the woodturning clubs in the area of which we are members, had their club Christmas party last night. They had an ornament contest so I entered this one. There were about 8 ornaments and some were very well done and used different materials and finishes. I had no thoughts that ours might win but, all the folks there(about 60) voted and we were the winner! A big surprise for sure!

Ornament here.....prize info in next post.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Nothing better than being recognized by a group of your own peers.
Congratulations Charlie and Mrs. Charlie~

Charlie_W

Prize!

Being the winner of the contest, we had first choice of the raffle items on the table.
There were about 6 OneWay chisels and three ornaments there.
Well....I can get a chisel any day but it is not very often you have a chance to own a turning by an international known turner.
We chose an ornament which was turned by Nick Agar during his last visit. He had turned 3 of these and donated them to the club for fundraising!
This one is finished with paints and Nick's Midas touch!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 190

Sataro

Congratulations on your win! That is a very nice looking ornament you & your wife worked on! Easy to see why you won.

D.Oliver

You know you're going to have to think about videoing your process and entering Carl Jacobsen and Alan Stratton's Christmas Ornament Challenge next year.

Charlie_W

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
It was fun seeing the other ornaments folks had turned. A lot of creative ideas for sure!

Derek.....Should I enter and win one of those contests, I would owe you a finders fee!:biggrin:

Top Bottom