Coffee scoop handles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Joined
Nov 26, 2025
Messages
54
Location
RI, USA
So this is my first foray away from pens, handles for a pair of coffee scoops. These were two each Indian rosewood mini blanks that I epoxied together while waiting for an order of full size pen blanks to arrive, and they actually came out pretty darn good - you can see the joints, but you really have to look for them. After a lot of sanding, grain filler, more sanding, and a couple of coats of EEE that set for a few weeks, the last step was 6 coats of Myland's liquid friction polish. This was my first time using the Myland's, and I finally got the shine I was looking for. It's definitely deeper than what I was getting with Shellawax paste. These are going to sit for a few more weeks now before assembly. I might actually be completely satisfied with my finish!

IMG_1795.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom