Wanted Cocobolo Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggie182

Lately I've been running through a lot of cocobolo so I am looking to acquire more. Before buying from a retailer, I figured I'd check here.

A good while back I bought a Medium Flat Rate Box of cocobolo blanks ranging from 3" to 8". They were somewhat randomly cut, but all usable for pen blanks. I've run through most of them over the past several months so I'm hoping to find a similar deal. Does anyone have a surplus of cocobolo they're looking to part with?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I suspect I have a lot with the IAP Estate Blanks. I'll look when I get home and PM you.

Mark

greenacres2

I sent you a PM on these--have no idea how to attach a picture to a PM and don't have an online photo site to link to!!
earl

Attachments

• Cocobolo 1.JPG
    Cocobolo 1.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 248
  • Cocobolo 2.JPG
    Cocobolo 2.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 252
  • 2018-4 1 TX Mesquite.jpg
    2018-4 1 TX Mesquite.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 244

Dehn0045

Hopefully you can find what you're looking for from another member. If you start looking at commercial outlets, I recommend checking out Diamond Tropical Hardwoods. They have a cocobolo "grade" that they call "King" which is supposed to be more figured. I've used both the standard and King from them, both were great. At about $1 per blank, hard to beat the price too. They used to sell on eBay but are now on Amazon, not sure if the price is consistent between Amazon and their site... http://www.diamondtropicalhardwoods...o-rosewood/cocobolo-custom/king_cocobolo_pen/

greenacres2

Wow Sam, thanks for posting that. Excellent prices on a lot of stuff--geez $25 for 100 monkeypod blanks is crazy--even shipping could not make it an expensive deal. I don't think i'll be buying the 14' Coco slab--but it would make a great wall decoration--Nature's artwork!!

@ Aggie--I really just popped back in to tell you give the IAP Estate blanks from Mark (if available) preference over mine--funds for mine go to further MY habit, funds for the IAP Estate blanks go to further the habit of HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS.
earl

aggie182

Thanks for the messages. I just replied to Mark, no cocobolo available. I'll check Diamond Tropical Hardwoods. Thanks for the headsup on that.

aggie182

Hopefully you can find what you're looking for from another member. If you start looking at commercial outlets, I recommend checking out Diamond Tropical Hardwoods. They have a cocobolo "grade" that they call "King" which is supposed to be more figured. I've used both the standard and King from them, both were great. At about $1 per blank, hard to beat the price too. They used to sell on eBay but are now on Amazon, not sure if the price is consistent between Amazon and their site... Cocobolo King Pen Blanks | diamondtropicalhardwoods.com

I just ordered 50 King Cocobolo blanks through their Amazon store.

Top Bottom