Cocobolo and Rose Gold Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Valleyboy

Valleyboy

I've got a bit of a rose gold/bronze vibe going on at the moment. This is Cocobolo with acrylic accents. Both the barrel and cap are fully lined and tapered. The nib is a Bock no 6. It's rose gold plated, as is the pocket clip.

13mm cap threads, cap closes in 1.5 turns. The pen is around 149 mm closed.

Cheers
Ash

F86FB63D-59D1-4C85-9EFC-8ABEFDE69890.jpeg431E4E57-B5FA-4374-99E4-D6C0BD26F101.jpegFF0CAD26-9112-47F1-A720-7D219D512CED.jpeg43B574C6-143D-484D-917D-B0AAFCC72E73.jpeg8391CB23-DABB-43C8-BE69-C3947EBBDBDE.jpeg72B0404A-3FBA-4923-9476-83561BB1C9E5.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glw20109

Absolutely amazing work! Rose Gold and Cocobolo are a combination that I've always wanted to try, but I never even thought about the acrylic highlight parts. That really adds another dimension to your art. Another step that I need to learn how to incorporate into my pens. Thanks for always sharing your art and insights.

Valleyboy

Very handsome pen. I like the satin finish, which works very well with the cocobolo, and looks great on the acrylic.
Thanks Kevin. Yes this is my preferred finish combination with wooden pens, satin wood and polished accents.
👍👍

Valleyboy

Absolutely amazing work! Rose Gold and Cocobolo are a combination that I've always wanted to try, but I never even thought about the acrylic highlight parts. That really adds another dimension to your art. Another step that I need to learn how to incorporate into my pens. Thanks for always sharing your art and insights.
Thank you Gary, I appreciate it. 👍👍

Valleyboy

Ash, I've liked all the pens that you have shown as I appreciate your craftsmanship.
This pen I really like .. real wood...brilliant!
Thanks Alan.
I know it may not look like it but I much prefer working in wood. However it's so much more work involved (and a lot of mess compared to resin) that I have to be in the right mood for it. But I have committed to myself to make more wooden pens this year! Who know I may even get round to attempting segmenting??? 😳😳 😊😊

Pierre---

Great pen, Ash, even if we are getting used to it!
I understand the purpose of a lined cap, the nib drying time is much longer. But what is the use of lining the barrel ?

Valleyboy

Great pen, Ash, even if we are getting used to it!
I understand the purpose of a lined cap, the nib drying time is much longer. But what is the use of lining the barrel ?
Thanks Pierre

1) The main reason is it helps with the making process for my finial attachment because I get a mechanical joint as well as a glue one. I screw the finial into the liner. I could thread the wood (and have done so in the past) but I have to screw the finial quite tight to make the bond between the wood - metal - plastic nice and tight and if I screw into wood then it *could" cross thread if I over-tighten.
2) somebody once asked if they could eye dropper the wooden pen so I made it like this to see how it went. I don't advertise this as a selling point but she went ahead under her own risk and it worked well for her.
3) In the unlikely event of an ink mishap inside the barrel it reduces the risk of it bleeding through and staining the wood.

Cheers
Ash

naynay

Once I get the Sierra kits down cold, I'll tackle the two piece nice pens like this. This pen is stunning.

Top Bottom