CNC Engraved Cedar Sign

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodgraver

woodgraver

Here are a some sings I made for a friend that is opening up a bar. They are Cedar from a company called Perfect Plank in California. Really nice product. Cedar is very tricky to carve into, but shallow cuts and proper sequencing has produced some pretty impressive results.

Once I get this done I'm going to try and design and make a pen box that will hold Majestics.

Attachments

• Bikers Corner.JPG
    Bikers Corner.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 597
  • Mens Bathroom.jpg
    Mens Bathroom.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 594
  • Women's Bathroom.jpg
    Women's Bathroom.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 356
  • Rusty Toys.JPG
    Rusty Toys.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 717
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Looks like the new machine is getting put to good use. The lines are super clean! Great looking work

woodgraver

Looks like the new machine is getting put to good use. The lines are super clean! Great looking work

Tim, I had no idea how steep the learning curve would be...the flat stock signs were great to get the basics down. I feel confident that I can make the box we spoke about without much problem. Just have to get the last of these signs for my buddy's bar done and I'll be free to play.

The toughest part for me was coming up with a hold down mechanism, the table really comes with nothing. Had I not met someone on another forum who helped me understand, I would probably still be struggling with that aspect.

I think I'm going to go with the design we spoke of with the cloth insert and the bracket hinges. I also just build a vacuum system for laminating veneers, so that will be an option I'll be able to offer down the line as well.

Top Bottom