CNC Emulator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marcros

I know that I could search on google, but I don't really know where to start.

I don't have room or money for a cnc lathe at the moment, and if I did, it probably wouldn't be viable based on the output of what I want to produce. Is there such software where I could design pens and simulate the CNC'ing of them to check that it works? If I like the design, I could send the design file to somebody with a suitable lathe and tooling, and have them turn the items in a sensible batch size?

I am wanting to produce some batches of kitless pens. My main interest in them is in the design (shape), the decoration, possibly looking at using some urushi lacquer, and the marketing of the finished items. The actual turning is not the primary consideration.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobS

Sounds like you need a student version of SolidWorks. It would allow you to model everything down to the threads. You'd also want to get a manual from CADCIM Technologies to teach yourself how to use it. It is what I used to model my kitless pens.

RobS

hanau

If I am not mistakes Fusion will let you design, make the code. Not sure if it will show the simulation.
at one time you could get a free version of it.

Top Bottom