Club Coordination Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Here is what I compiled based on the initial thread PLUS a few I thought of. Please review and share your thoughts. Of course the wording and organization needs to be polished.

==========================================

1. This is a "Chapter Collaboration Contest" (3C) and as such, only IAP chapters can join/compete. Other members are encouraged to form their new local IAP chapters so they can participate.

2. What makes an entry "collaborative"? This is by honor system. Since some clubs/chapters are small...

...a minimum of 2 physically involved in the creation of the entry will be required.

However, it is strongly encouraged to get as many club member to participate as much as possible. Participation doesn't have to be physical, it could be sharing of idea, etc.

For example, a new/innovative casted blank can be one member's contribution to the collaboration.

3. Entry could be any writing instrument. Any kit can be used or it can be kit-less. It can be a pen, a boxed pen, or a desk set. Use your imagination, use anything but limit use of pre-fabricated components to the kit if possible.

4. Judging will be by un-retouched (cropped okay) photos sent to William (minimum of 4). Photos must show the entirety (all sides) of the pen clearly.

Photos must be big enough to show the pen...preferably bigger than actual size.

Photo quality & presentation will earn some points too.

Please avoid putting any identifying logo, name, etc. on the entry. This will help maintain fairness during the judging.

5. Entry submission deadline is 12:00 midnight Eastern time Monday, February. 23 via email to William.

6. Winners will be announced on Thursday, Feb. 26.

===========================================
Question,

Can we leave this open for revision (until the end of Jan) in case we get good input from fellow members after posting?

Just let them have enough to start then we can polish this a bit later.

This is not final by any means (esp the things I added) and definitely not yet complete so please keep the ideas coming.

If anyone is willing/interested to judge this event, please let me know.

Thanks.

DocStram

Good job Dario ..... here are some minor suggestions (in purple):

Here is what I compiled based on the initial thread PLUS a few I thought of. Please review and share your thoughts. Of course the wording and organization needs to be polished.

==========================================

1. This is a "Chapter Collaboration Contest" (3C) and as such, only IAP chapters can join/compete. Other members are encouraged to form their new local IAP chapters so they can participate.

2. What makes an entry "collaborative"? This is by honor system. Since some clubs/chapters are small...

...a minimum of 2 physically involved in the creation of the entry will be required.

However, it is strongly encouraged to get as many club member to participate as much as possible. Participation doesn't have to be physical, it could be sharing of idea, etc.

For example, a new/innovative casted blank can be one member's contribution to the collaboration.

3. Entry could be any writing instrument. Any kit can be used or it can be kit-less. It can be a pen, a boxed pen, or a desk set. Use your imagination, use anything but limit use of pre-fabricated components to the kit if possible.

4. Judging will be by un-retouched (cropped okay) photos sent to William (minimum of 4). Photos must show the entirety (all sides) of the pen clearly. William will then post the photos, without club names. in the forum.

Photos must be big enough to show the pen...preferably bigger than actual size.

Photo quality & presentation will be given consideration by the judges.

Please avoid putting any identifying logo, name, etc. on the entry. This will help maintain fairness during the judging.

5. Entry submission deadline is 12:00 midnight Eastern time Monday, February. 23 via email to William.

6. A panel of highly respected, but anonymous, judges will select the winners.

7. Winners will be announced on Thursday, Feb. 26.

===========================================
Question,

Can we leave this open for revision (until the end of Jan) in case we get good input from fellow members after posting?

Just let them have enough to start then we can polish this a bit later.

This is not final by any means (esp the things I added) and definitely not yet complete so please keep the ideas coming.

If anyone is willing/interested to judge this event, please let me know.

Thanks.

Dario

Looks good to me. Thanks for the great suggestions.

Please let William know this is close enough and can be posted now so the chapters can have as much time to coordinate/collaborate for their entries.

Please leave room for revision and solicit suggestions from general membership if possible. I think that can generate some excitement and activity as well.

Thanks!!!

melogic

I was just casually canvasing the Local Chapters Forum and see that the earliest chapter meeting so far in January is around the 11th. Just thought this may be good information for us so we can post this contest before the meetings.

The rules and everything looks good to me.

DocStram

Regarding the prizes for the Club Coordination Contest .... as I'm thinking about it ... how should we handle the prize? What if 4 people collaborate on the pen? Would we give four prizes ... one to each person who worked on it?? And then, what of we have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner for the top 3 clubs? That might mean 12 or more prizes.

Or ... would this solve the problem .... we give one prize to the club and suggest that they use it as a door prize at their next meeting.

Input is welcome! :biggrin:

Dario

LOL...good idea... since I was planning on giving the winning chapter one envelope from my stash too (aside from what I already pledged).

While any prize will work, pen blanks in my opinion will be the most versatile.

Another question that Al brought up is, how many prices will we give? I guess we have to wait and see how much prices will Andrew have and how many entries/participants we will get.

Thanks guys.

Top Bottom