CLOSED: Velvet Pen Sleeves & IAP FUNDRAISER

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMGg

Louis,
Originally posted by louisbry
Please cancel my order. I have not received a PM with payment information and have not reviewed this post in some time so was not in the loop so to speak.
That's odd, I sent two PMs. One just last night. I'm sending one more now -- mostly to test things.

louisbry

Gary,
I still didn't receive the pm. Don't know what is happening. I also sent myself a pm from this site and didn't receive it. However, in the past I have received PMs from this site.
Louis

GaryMGg

Originally posted by rhahnfl

Got mine today Gary. Thanks, they look great!!!

Thanks Chris. Glad you like them.
For everyone else who hasn't shipped yet, an update and a plea for patience:

The drawstring velvet pen pouches have NOT arrived yet and there was a shortage of double pen sleeves. Most importantly, I'll be spending the next four days as a key volunteer as the Gainesville Cycling Club's Gainesville Cycling Festival Aid Director. Anyone curious can look at this website for info: http://gccfla.org but the short story is I won't have time for anything else until this is over Monday night when we finish cleanup.

Thus, the vast majority of orders will not ship until those pouches arrive -- hopefully, Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.
I'm certain you'll be satisfied when you get them.

Thanks,
Gary

GaryMGg

Chris,

This is a separate event.

The GCC has been hosting the Horse Farm Hundred for 27 years. More years ago than I want to remember -- back when a `short ride' for me was an Atlantic Beach loop that went across the Shands Bridge, thru Orange Park, downtown thru Park St -> Beach Blvd. and home to the beach [:0] -- I first rode the HFH. Years later, moving near Gainesville I got involved with the club. Several years ago, I started volunteering.

Fifteen years ago, the club added the Santa Fe Century and made this a weekend event.
The Santa Fe Century has been a great fundraiser. That ride raises roughly $10,000 for the Boys & Girls Club; the Sunday ride is used by 3 UF Medical Colleges including the College of Veterinary Medicine to raise money for scholarships. Last year, Vet Med raised around $35,000.

Over the weekend, we'll feed, water, shelter, and support over 1,000 riders. :D
My job is to make it happen smoothly.
If you can't tell, I'm proud to be a part of this organization.
We put a lot back into the community. [8D]

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Birthday Jennifer!

Thanks to Gary for putting this on, and for the great support of all the buyers.

This is exactly the kind of thing that will keep us here for decades!

I'm looking forward to growing old with all you people! Some may argue that I'm already old (how many of you know how antique I am?) but I and the IAP have a LOT of years left.

GaryMGg

Tracy,
The velvet drawstring sleeves haven't arrived; if they're not here tomorrow I'll call and have them traced.
I'll update everyone as I learn or ship more orders.

DougMJones

Gary,
I work with several die hard cyclists and that hobby seems to suck almost as much money as turning wood.:D Hope the ride was successful and you raised a lot of money.

I look forward to getting my order but I'm glad you have your priorities in order.

Thank you for putting this together

Doug

GaryMGg

I've contacted Madden Brand High to see where the drawstring pen pouches are and haven't heard back yet and they hadn't arrived yet when I got home from work tonight.
I will be calling Madden first thing Monday AM and will update y'all ASAP.

Malainse

Originally posted by GaryMGg

I've contacted Madden Brand High to see where the drawstring pen pouches are and haven't heard back yet and they hadn't arrived yet when I got home from work tonight.
I will be calling Madden first thing Monday AM and will update y'all ASAP.

Gary, what is the status on the pouches ? By the time Madden ships them, Jeff will have spent the donation...[:eek:)]

GaryMGg

Mitch,
As of yesterday, they weren't sure of the status on the pouches.
I just hung up with Madden; they're supposed to contact me later today with an update.
As soon as I learn more, I'll post it here.

GaryMGg

Update as of Oct. 31, 3:30 PM:
I have finally tracked this down and extracted an answer from the vendor.
Bad news, good news.
The bad news is the original vendor either didn't place the order or didn't get confirmation -- everyone except me is denying responsibility. I found a replacement
vendor who will ship the same exact pouch y'all have been waiting for on Nov. 6th.
The original vendor also charged a lot more than anticipated on the freight, and I was
going to be losing money on y'all which is why I can't do partial shipments.
The double-sleeves which were short have been shipped and those should arrive any day.
So, I should get these approx. Nov. 10th and will have the orders prepared to go.
I apologize for all the delays; it has been beyond my physical control.

airrat

Dan I believe he is expecting them on Nov 10th.

Originally posted by GaryMGg

Update as of Oct. 31, 3:30 PM:
I found a replacement
vendor who will ship the same exact pouch y'all have been waiting for on Nov. 6th.
The original vendor also charged a lot more than anticipated on the freight, and I was
going to be losing money on y'all which is why I can't do partial shipments.
The double-sleeves which were short have been shipped and those should arrive any day.
So, I should get these approx. Nov. 10th and will have the orders prepared to go.
I apologize for all the delays; it has been beyond my physical control.

savannadan

Tom:
Thanks for the update. I've been out of pocket and forgot to run through the posts. I thought about it after I clocked off the computer last night.
Dan

GaryMGg

<s>I've sent an email this morning to ask for a status update; as soon as I have their answer, I will update everyone.</s>

The shipment was scanned as it left California and is enroute to Jacksonville, FL wherein it'll be dispatched to me.
It is scheduled to be delivered 11/13.
I know how long this has been, and how most of us get impatient, especially me [:p]
Hold on a little longer -- it's almost here. ;)

GaryMGg

Last night, our club had it's monthly meeting. Got home around 11:00 or so and the box was here. Tonight, I'm counting, counting, counting. Tomorrow I'll be shipping, shipping, shipping.
Y'all will see updated info after I've worked til I can't work no more. ;)
Thanks for being patient.

GaryMGg

Everyone breathe out. Aaaaah. :D

Great news: all the orders are counted and <s>partially</s> packed. <s>Partially meaning I ran out of tape</s> LOML had a spare tape roll hidden but it's mine now. There are no back-orders and no one is shorted. :D [8D]
Sorry to say no one got extras either. If I'm lucky, I'll break even on this fiasco.

I'm taking a break, having a celebratory Newcastle and a Bulleit neat, and then I'll start writing the mailing labels.
The truck is packed with boxes, most of the labels are written and things are ready to go.
ALL remaining orders will be shipped after I get off work tomorrow.
I'm going to leave this open and ask that everyone post when they receive their merchandise. Please email me if you have any problem with your order.

For what it's worth, and I don't know why they do this, the manufacturer does a much better job packaging their colored sleeves than the black ones. The colored ones and the double-sleeve come in sheets of 5 and counting those was pretty easy. The single black ones are in 100-bags, possibly counted by machine by weight. It took the most time counting orders for less than 100 single black sleeves.

That's it for now.
Cheers! ;)

GaryMGg

Ladies and Gentlemen, :D

With two exceptions, everyone's order is shipped complete.
Michael J (Bananajeep): I'm a dumba$$ -- your box was hidden behind some things and when I loaded up last night, I overlooked it. It's ready to go and will mail in the AM.
Jeff K (JKoehler) has been sent a PM.
The rest of you should see these soon as they all went Priority USPS.
That's it for now.

exoticwo

Gary, Thanks for putting this together. I have received my items and the customers like the big pouches! They work well with several items I make and at Shows I am using them to carry items purchased instead of paper or plastic bags.

Thanks again,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom