Closed end pens on the Pen Wizard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bucky

Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2023
Messages
13
Location
Queensland, Australia
G'day, I bought a used pen wizard some years ago, put it in a cupboard, where it sat until today. I have a customer who wants a 6 sided pen and after doing a bit of research realised I could possibly do it on the pen wizard. There is one problem, the pen needs to be closed end. I have no idea how to achieve that on the wizard 🧙. I was wondering if any here has done that? Open to all suggestions. I have watched the video on how to cut the sides.
 
I also own a PW, But never tried that. Other than "faking" a close-end by using the PW for your geo cuts, then plug the end with a segment and turn on your lathe with a closed-end mandel. You can also use a longer tube, leave about a 1/4" of brass exposed and them slide a segment of the bare bass and turn then end. I see the challenge being to hide seam on the added end. Good luck. Much better minds heer that mine. Let's see what others think.
 
Back
Top Bottom