Closed-end Majestic Jr

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

I thought it could make an entry for the pretty wood contest but it recently got demoted so... here it is :) Black titanium and rhodium Majestic Jr (the closed-end version) dressed with Mexican cocobolo.
C&C welcome.
(please excuse the cell phone pics, I need to get my camera back!!)

Attachments

• cocobolo1.jpg
    cocobolo1.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 277
  • cocobolo2.jpg
    cocobolo2.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 256
  • cocobolo3.jpg
    cocobolo3.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 225
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StanBrown

This is very, very nice.

Being an unashamed, unrepentant newbie here, can you briefly explain how to make the closed end? Not looking for an involved explanation with photos, etc., just would like to know the basics for now.

Thanks.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This is very, very nice.

Being an unashamed, unrepentant newbie here, can you briefly explain how to make the closed end? Not looking for an involved explanation with photos, etc., just would like to know the basics for now.

Thanks.

Ask away! There are lots a resources buried in IAP - Kinda like grocery stores, we make you pass the ice cream isle before you get to eggs and bread.

This is a good start: http://content.penturners.org/library/pens/closed_end_pens.pdf

Fred Bruche

This is very, very nice.

Thanks.

Ask away! There are lots a resources buried in IAP - Kinda like grocery stores, we make you pass the ice cream isle before you get to eggs and bread.

This is a good start: http://content.penturners.org/library/pens/closed_end_pens.pdf

Mark's link tell you all you need to know :)
On this particular pen I used pin chucks because I have them for the tubes used in this model, but I have also made wooden jam chucks (using oak I believe) and they work great as well.

SteveJ

I thought it could make an entry for the pretty wood contest but it recently got demoted so... here it is :) Black titanium and rhodium Majestic Jr (the closed-end version) dressed with Mexican cocobolo.
C&C welcome.

What do you mean it got demoted? As far as I can tell it is still a fun contest to enter and this time around it can include segmented works as well.

Fred Bruche

C&C welcome.

What do you mean it got demoted? As far as I can tell it is still a fun contest to enter and this time around it can include segmented works as well.

Apologies for the confusion, the contest is on (!!), this pen was a possible contender on my list but was dethroned.

Fred Bruche

Few pictures taken with a real camera this time and some control over the lighting.
It does make a difference :)

Attachments

• cocobolo4.jpg
    cocobolo4.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 149
  • cocobolo5.jpg
    cocobolo5.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 149
  • cocobolo6.jpg
    cocobolo6.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 151
Top Bottom