Closed-end bracelet helper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TimS124

TimS124

One of my sisters was visiting earlier this year and mentioned having problems getting one of her bracelets to close without having somebody do it for her. It's some skinny/flimsy/fancy thing that's impossible to do one-handed.

I had some of Penn State's bracelet assistant kits on hand but buried somewhere (we'd just moved from the west coast to the east coast) so I promised to make one for her once I found all the pieces.

The handle is a custom color mix of clear Alumilite resin...my sister lives in southern Louisiana so purple, green, and gold are always in style!

If you haven't seen this kit before, it's basically a slimline with an alligator clip instead of a pen nib on the business end. It's basically two equal sized pieces of 7mm tube with a coupler in the middle.

Since I already had one of the Penn State's "Grabber" mandrels on hand, I knew I could make the handle all one piece...the coupler in the middle and the metal button cap could both be skipped.

I was pinched for time, so the shape was very simple (slightly stretched version of a seam ripper handle). Skipping the normal mandrel also meant I could use a longer blank giving her a bit more reach.

Here's a link to the kit: https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKBHOLD.html

Attachments

• bracelet helper June 2016 copy.jpg
    bracelet helper June 2016 copy.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 234
Top Bottom