Close but, not exactly what I wanted...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from robutacion

robutacion

Hi folks,

I have had these "strange" flowers/pods in my shed for a year or so, and I contemplated numerous types of uses in my head but, never actually put any of them into practice so, after I finish the "root from hell" I decided that the resin I had left in the drum was starting to get a little old and was time to use it all, as wasn't a lot left, anyway...!

I decided to use the strange pods and stalks by cutting some pvc pipe and use it as the mold(s). I wanted to make some bottle stoppers in crystal clear PR so that the material inside would be seen clearly but, at the very last minute, I decided to had just a tinny little bit of "interference red" from Pearlerx, thinking that so little amount would interfere too much with the clarity of the resin but, I was wrong and by a mile...!:mad:

I wanted also to create a "base" for the stoppers where the threaded whole for the metal stopper, wouldn't be seen and at the same time, created a base for the beginning of the pod and stalk, so I mixed first some blakish powder with some aluminium dust...!

Having something (table or similar) that you know that is perfectly levelled is crucial for these things, otherwise the resin joints will look crooked, such as mine so, better can be achieved...!

After the resin dried, I decided to get them done as I could see the effect I wanted to created was spoiled anyway so, I started cutting as much as I could to get as much clarity of what was inside the resin but, I soon realise that, regardless of how much I would remove, the effect would never be what I wanted in the first place...!

I persisted a little and deliberately left the dark bases, wide and flat as I could also use those thinks as ornaments and to keep pieces of paper down, in my desk..! Like little "trophies"...:wink:

Interestingly, removing resin to expose the material inside and took me to get into places that I didn't contemplate at the beginning but, endup creating another use for these stoppers, "shot measure" well, sort of...!:biggrin:

Oh well, still have one other blank to work out what to do with but,that one
Is like a well oversized (thickness) pendant blank so, will see what come out of it...!

I have a "gazillion" of other things I should be doing but some how, I get stuck with these "urges" all the time...! and no, I'm not pregnant...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

PS: If you can ignore the dry birds $#!t, on the top of this bin, you will find that the blue background, is so bad, after all...!:)

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 001z.jpg
    001z.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 002z.jpg
    002z.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 003z.jpg
    003z.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 262