CLOCK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drcal

Drcal

I just turned a small desk clock today and I want to add a small (short) pedestal base. I DO NOT want to flatten the bottom.

My problem is attaching the base to the round clock body. I want it to look as seamless as possible and I do not really want to try to match the curve of the bottom of the clock with the pedestal stem. The depth- from the front of the clock to the back--is a full 2 inches so I have space to work with.

Any ideas?

Carmen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 200
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Two small dowels on the back edge to keep it from rolling...

Beat me...shouldn't have gone for the beer!

Last edited:

Drcal

If I use a dowel or even a screw, how will the joint look between the flat top of the pedestal and the round bottom of the clock casing?

Carmen

bobleibo

I've done some that resembled these. Some day I'll remember to take pics before things are sent away.
Something I did that may be helpful.....I built the base and then "floated" the clock by using 2 clear acrylic 1/16" vertical rods to hold it up much like the dowels that were mentioned. You decide on the base and how high to lift it according to your own taste. I lifted it about 1/8" and it really looked like it was floating.
I'm sure you'll come up with something that is as well done as your clock.

Charlie_W

How about a dowel or brass rod from the base up to the clock body. Let the clock ride up above the base...not touching at all. Brass would tie in with the gold edge of the clock.

Top Bottom