• IMG_4357.jpeg
    IMG_4357.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 150
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

john1969

I used pvac glue or as they called it here in the netherlands "houtlijm" to glue up the Leather. After pre-turning I used ultra-thin CA to soak up the leather….and at last activator
Its a nice project but it takes a lot of time on several saus. Take youre time and have fun. When its done I like to see some pictures and hear youre story
Greetz john

byounghusband

Looks pretty cool!! I really like alternative materials. A long time ago, I did one out of pieces of credit cards. you sure have to make sure you have good ventilation as the amount of CA glue gave me a big headache!!

cl1237

Nice work John! I've been dragging my feet on starting a leather pen. I have the leather discs punched out. It's natural leather but might true to dye some as well.
I've been debating how to finish them. Either a leather conditioner like neatsfoot oil or they same way estwing finishes their handles-lacquer dip

john1969

Nice work John! I've been dragging my feet on starting a leather pen. I have the leather discs punched out. It's natural leather but might true to dye some as well.
I've been debating how to finish them. Either a leather conditioner like neatsfoot oil or they same way estwing finishes their handles-lacquer dip
I used aussie oil 2 layers the day I turned and sanded. The next day I sanded again 320 and 400 and 600 grid and finished with 4 layer aussie oil
Let it drink 👍🏼

Top Bottom