Clear Resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Valleyboy

Wasn't sure where to post this but if you're looking for a clear resin then Beaufort Ink have just started selling this Semplicita Crystal Clear SHDC .
I haven't turned it yet but if the blank is anything to go by I have high hopes.
Cheers
A

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

@Valleyboy

Thanks for your effort to inform us about this material/blank. . I am very interested.

However, the video does not play for me ( altho' the "progress bar" seems to indicate that it is playing ).

Valleyboy

@Valleyboy

Thanks for your effort to inform us about this material/blank. . I am very interested.

However, the video does not play for me ( altho' the "progress bar" seems to indicate that it is playing ).
Thanks for letting me know. Not sure what I did there 😊.

I'll post a separate thread with a pic instead.

Cheers
Ash

MRDucks2

It played for me on my phone (and still does), but I may have been the first look after you posted it. It only plays audio on my laptop (even if downloaded). I only know this because the slight wind noise is the same as the video.

1shootist

I ordered a couple of the clear , black and red yesterday from him, I saw a short vid of one of the clear blanks on instagram, its was crazy how clear it is.

Valleyboy

I ordered a couple of the clear , black and red yesterday from him, I saw a short vid of one of the clear blanks on instagram, its was crazy how clear it is.

Ha, I think that may have been me with my bright green Fatsia Japonica bush in the background! Thats the video I tried to post here.

You won't be disappointed.

Cheers
Ash

Valleyboy

Im trying again from my laptop instead of my phone. (I really hope this is worth it!).

1shootist

Ha, I think that may have been me with my bright green Fatsia Japonica bush in the background! Thats the video I tried to post here.

You won't be disappointed.

Cheers
Ash
Yeap, its you ...Hello Ash 👋
That stuff looks amazing, I cant wait to try it. Your vid 100% sold me on it👍
Russ

MRDucks2

Leave a piece sit out with some sun exposure for 30 days. There are many clear products when you can them but quite a few yellow in 30-90 days, also. Not a problem of tinted. Looking for the quicker curing, harder setting, nice turning reasonable prices option that stays clear. Maybe this is it.

jttheclockman

I'm not sure.

It's the same material that you asked me about on my red pen post, so I thought Id share it.

Cheers
Ash
Well if you are pushing it I would think you have some knowledge behind it. As stated is this an epoxy resin, need to know. Will it stay clear or yellow with UV or heat or time?? I am guessing, being you brought it up, that red pen then was dyed with this stuff so what kind of dyes work well with it?? It does look clear as does Liquid Diamonds and a few other resins. What is the dry and cure times?? If epoxy will it stick to just about everything?? What sets this apart from that?? Maybe you can do some investigating and let us know.

Valleyboy

Well if you are pushing it I would think you have some knowledge behind it. As stated is this an epoxy resin, need to know. Will it stay clear or yellow with UV or heat or time?? I am guessing, being you brought it up, that red pen then was dyed with this stuff so what kind of dyes work well with it?? It does look clear as does Liquid Diamonds and a few other resins. What is the dry and cure times?? If epoxy will it stick to just about everything?? What sets this apart from that?? Maybe you can do some investigating and let us know.
I'm not pushing this stuff, I was simply making members aware that a new product has launched that may be of interest. I have no affiliation with the company nor any of their products

Just to be clear this is bought as a blank. I'm not making this from scratch so I don't know dry/cure times nor the dying properties. Same with the red one. They do around a dozen colours in all.

It's acrylic so I guess it will be less prone to yellowing, but as it's brand new I have no experience of it yet so can't really comment on this.

As I said right now all I have are my first impressions. I can say that the coloured versions of the same product are really excellent. It cuts cleanly, takes a thread and finishes immaculately.

Cheers
Ash

Valleyboy

Leave a piece sit out with some sun exposure for 30 days. There are many clear products when you can them but quite a few yellow in 30-90 days, also. Not a problem of tinted. Looking for the quicker curing, harder setting, nice turning reasonable prices option that stays clear. Maybe this is it.
Yep, I guess time will tell.
Cheers
Ash

Valleyboy

Yeap, its you ...Hello Ash 👋
That stuff looks amazing, I cant wait to try it. Your vid 100% sold me on it👍
Russ
Hey Russ.

Great. As I say I've not used the clear yet, I just keep looking at it wondering how I might mess it up 😊.

I don't think you will regret buying the coloured versions, which I can vouch for. It's very good stuff.
Cheers
Ash

Top Bottom