Clean-The-Prize-Shelf Drawing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
"Clean-The-Prize-Shelf" sounds polite, but we'll call it what it is:

The Losers Drawing!

I promised that after we had awarded all the contest prizes and took stock of what was left, that we'd have another drawing for everyone who came up empty handed in the Donation Drawing.

We end up with spare prizes for a variety of reasons - winners decline them, or they arrive too late to be assigned to a contest, or the vendor sent extras which were not anticipated. Regardless of why they're "spares" we're thrilled to have them and grateful to the donators because we get to have a little after-party party and poke fun at the losers! I'll remove the 42 winners from the first drawing and run another draw at random.org. The post below this one will contain the official list of prizes and results.

To save me some time, I'm going to do this in no-frills mode. I'm just going to list below what's in the pot, and do the drawing sometime later today. No photos, no estimated values, no descriptions, no nuttin! (I'm not being lazy, I'm just trying to make this as quick and efficient as possible!) There are also some shipping restrictions, and I'll note those below.

The Prizes!

1. Alumilite 16oz Casting Kit * Water clear kit, same as awarded for some contest prizes

2.-6. Satellite City CA Glue Kit * 5 to award, same as this one

7. Pen Stand, Std. Logo, same as this one

Craig Lapiana sent us a nice selection of kits, but they arrived after prizes had been assigned to contests. So I've bundled them into 4 packages that you'll enjoy making!

8. ChefWareKits.com Pkg A -nutcracker, bottle opener, pepper grinder w/ blank, pen blanks sampler.

9. ChefWareKits.com Pkg B - bottle stopper sampler, pizza cutter, pen blanks sampler

10. ChefWareKits.com Pkg C - wood chisel kit, pizza cutter 2/blank

11. ChefWareKits.com Pkg D - bottle stopper sampler, pizza cutter w/blank

12., 13. Pen World 1 year subscription - not a leftover, just sweetening the losers pot!

14., 15. Pen Collectors of America 1 year membership - another pot sweetener (nice quarterly magazine!)

16. Box of Assorted Blanks from [profile]edohmann[/profile] - lots of nice Texas woods

17. Box of Assorted Blanks from [profile]SteveG[/profile] - a nice variety pack

18. Box of Cedar Blanks from [profile]SDB777[/profile] - crosscut and straight grained

19. Box of (Your Choice) Blanks from [profile]jeff[/profile] - acrylic, wood, or a mix, your choice from my personal stash

20., 21. Hat & Goodie Box - In 2006 I had two prototype hats made. Those designs were never produced, so these are each one-of-a-kind. I'll also put in the box a thumb square, IAP pen light, IAP car magnets, and an IAP patch.

22. Easy Wood Tools Easy Pen Pro - Provided by Easy Wood Tools, but this is a CSUSA Exclusive

* NOTE: Due to shipping restrictions on this item, winners outside the continental US will instead receive a $25 gift certificate to any IAP Vendor

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Losers Drawing Official Prize List & Winners

CLAIM YOUR PRIZE: Send me a PM telling me what prize you won and where you want it sent. (Of course for the Pen World subscriptions and the PCA memberships, you won't see your magazine until the next one is published, but I will send you confirmation that it was purchased for you.)

For those of you who won a prize which creates a shipping issue, we'll work it out by PM, but you'll get a $25US gift certificate to any IAP vendor.

1. dantanatx Alumilite 16oz Casting Kit SHIPPED
  2. Ronfinch Satellite City CA Glue Kit SHIPPED
  3. randbcrafts Satellite City CA Glue Kit SHIPPED
  4. its_virgil Satellite City CA Glue Kit
  5. AKPenTurner Satellite City CA Glue Kit
  6. Scotian12 Satellite City CA Glue Kit
  7. Stonepecker Pen Stand, Std. Logo SHIPPED
  8. Finatic ChefWareKits.com Pkg A SHIPPED
  9. ed4copies ChefWareKits.com Pkg B SHIPPED
  10. Band Saw Box ChefWareKits.com Pkg C - SHIPPED
  11. hewunch ChefWareKits.com Pkg D SHIPPED
  12. D. Oliver Pen World 1 year subscription ORDERED
  13. LanceD Pen World 1 year subscription
  14. Chevota Guy Pen Collectors of America 1 year membership
  15. Bill Sampson Pen Collectors of America 1 year membership
  16. isustrik Box of Assorted Blanks from [profile]edohmann[/profile]
  17. BradG Box of Assorted Blanks from [profile]SteveG[/profile]
  18. twissy Box of Cedar Blanks from [profile]SDB777[/profile]
  19. kmarr Box of (Your Choice) Blanks from [profile]jeff[/profile]
  20. mikellem Goodie Box 1
  21. SMJ1957 Goodie Box 2 SHIPPED
  22. mjsix1 Easy Wood Tools Easy Pen Pro SHIPPED

HOW THE DRAWING WAS CONDUCTED:

The drawing was conducted using the Third-Party Draw Service from Random.org

You can use this link to the official drawing record to see the drawing summary and verify your inclusion. Use your IAP MEMBER NAME to check your inclusion.

NOTE: If you check for your entry, please be aware that it's case sensitive. Whatever you entered when you did the credit card processing is what you need to enter to check for inclusion in the drawing. If you feel somehow that you should have been entered in the drawing and the service tells you otherwise, please let me know by PM. I hope I did not neglect to include anyone who entered, but mistakes happen, and in that situation, we'll find some fair solution.

Last edited:

longbeard

I hear ya Penguin, although i did win in the Daily Trivia, but it is good to be a loser at certain times :biggrin:

Harry

Edward Cypher

The loser train is pulling into unload passengers. Hope I get off. Good luck to my fellow losers!!! Thanks Jeff and all the rest of the IAP Birthday BASH team!!!

eranox

My amazement at the generosity of this community's vendors and members has just been refreshed--again. It boggles my mind that a community centered around a simple hobby can generate so much mutual respect and support. I feel honored to be a part of it!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK, stand by folks. I might be the big loser here! :eek:

Apparently I have included some prizes on my list which were already allocated to a different losers drawing. We're trying to straighten out the confusion (MY confusion!) now. Bottom line is that the DD losers drawing probably won't happen today, as my "IAP time" will be limited for the rest of the day.

Hopefully we can boot some DD entrants off the losers train tomorrow.

stonepecker

I got a chance? Sweeeeeeeeeet

Now I can put my own name into a paryer for a chance.
Oh, I will pray for everyone else. I just want to get off the train.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK all confusion with the prizes has been sorted out.

So, on with the drawing. I'm going to click on over to random.org in a few minutes and do the draw.

I added prize #22 after I realized that we had one extra very nice item to award!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I was really hoping for a goodie box, but when I saw #22, I had to believe that my name would end up next to it (fortunately, it didn't). :biggrin:

Congrats to the winners on the extra swag,
Eric

That would have been just too strange! :biggrin:

(For those who didn't follow the contest prizes, Eric won two of those tools in contests.)

Sylvanite

Three, actually (Mug Shot, Color Casting, and Shop Life Photo contests). Last year, I only won one of them. :biggrin:

I was really hoping for a goodie box, but when I saw #22, I had to believe that my name would end up next to it (fortunately, it didn't). :biggrin:

Eric

(For those who didn't follow the contest prizes, Eric won two of those tools in contests.)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Three, actually (Mug Shot, Color Casting, and Shop Life Photo contests). Last year, I only won one of them. :biggrin:

Eric

Did you get all three?

Two I had received directly from Easy Wood Tools. Two apparently were provided by CSUSA as well. Hopefully the prize guy handling the CSUSA took care of that.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone concerned that they should have been in the Donation Drawing Losers Drawing and were not, please let me know. I'm as careful as I can be, but mistakes happen. We have ways to make things right when errors creep in.

Keep in mind, this was the drawing for people who did not win in the Donation Drawing. If you were not in the DD, you would not be in this one. If you feel you should have been in the DD and you were not, well that's a separate problem but we can fix that as well.

Please let me know. I can't fix mistakes I'm not aware of.

Thanks - Jeff

Karl_99

Still on the loser train...

Congratulations to the latest round of winners who were lucky enough to get off the train!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Sure glad I won a few prizes during the bash because I struck out in both Donation Drawings.

Are you sure my name was in there Jeff????

Seriously, I had a great time and I'm really enjoying my prizes and mugs.
Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put on the bash!
Edgar

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Still waiting for 18 people to claim their prize.

Check the second post in this thread! PM me if you won!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
How do you know if you were in the drawing or not?

It says right at the bottom of the results post above:

You can use this link to the official drawing record to see the drawing summary and verify your inclusion. Use your IAP MEMBER NAME to check your inclusion.

NOTE: If you check for your entry, please be aware that it's case sensitive. Whatever you entered when you did the credit card processing is what you need to enter to check for inclusion in the drawing. If you feel somehow that you should have been entered in the drawing and the service tells you otherwise, please let me know by PM. I hope I did not neglect to include anyone who entered, but mistakes happen, and in that situation, we'll find some fair solution.

Top Bottom