Classic Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glw20109

Classic Fountain Pen from Wood Turningz with buckeye burl blank. First time turning a stabilized burl blank, I missed a few small cracks. Almost a disaster, I measured the blanks/bushings when I was getting close and realized I had the bushings reversed. Lesson learned, don't work when your tired. All in all, I think it came out nice, a few natural blemishes in the wood adds character, at least that is my excuse.

Attachments

• fp10.jpg
    fp10.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 118
  • fp6.jpg
    fp6.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 121
  • fp2.jpg
    fp2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 123
  • fp8.jpg
    fp8.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 125
  • fp5.jpg
    fp5.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 132
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

montmill

Beautiful pen and photos. Really sets a mood. May I ask what you finished it with? I'm working on a stabilized black ash burl pen and am finding the stabilizing material creates a different sanding dust, lighter. I didn't have enough finish (glu boost) and the zona paper went through and left those dreaded little white spots.

glw20109

Beautiful pen and photos. Really sets a mood. May I ask what you finished it with? I'm working on a stabilized black ash burl pen and am finding the stabilizing material creates a different sanding dust, lighter. I didn't have enough finish (glu boost) and the zona paper went through and left those dreaded little white spots.
I finished it with 8 coats thin CA, 1 coat of medium CA, then turned down, sanded with micro mesh to 12000, then Dr. Kirks no scratch and micro magic polishing. I thought I had got all of the cracks in the burl fill, but missed two

Top Bottom